Chapter 3. Morning School

MINJI POV

I was walking in the hallway to go to my first class with my headphones on, I turned in to the highest volume because I don't want to hear everyone's gossip. I'm so done with them, talking behind my back and spreading rumors about me. Aren't they tired of it? Sigh.

Why do I even care? I'm used to it, with their mischievous glances at me, some would glare. I don't care as I don't do anything wrong to them.

I always keep a straight face at school, they never see me laugh. I smiled slightly at the professors, greeted them, and bowed in respect to them.

While walking, I remember that I need to get my books in my locker. So I quickly move my way going to the locker room. And guess who's there? disposition at my locker, alone.

It's Hanni, she looks serious and I can see that she's sad. I drew closer to my locker and stopped in front of her. She was spacing out and didn't notice me.

Oh my god!!!, she's so beautiful like an angel. Am I blushing? I could feel my face starting to heat up. And my heart was starting to beat faster than usual. But why? I don't understand myself. I feel so cold but I'm sweating, my body was also shaking as my legs wiggled.

I took off my earphones and fake coughed then she slowly turned her head towards me, she look at me so I averted my eyes from her.

"Excuse me, I need to get something from my locker and it's on your back." I managed to say, sighing, I'm so thankful I did.

Hanni straightened her back and stood crossing her arms on her chest. She changed her expression and she look bitch now.

So I stared at her intently, I want to show her that I'm not scared of her. She stared back at me now unlike a few days ago, she would just avoid it. But now seeing those eyes, I feel like, it is attractive.

I softened my eyes to show my concern for her, as I said before I care for her.

Hanni quickly drifted her eyes away from me, she shook her head showing that she don't want me to see her like that. She's hiding something, I knew it.

"We will be late," I said as she looked at me, and gave her a cute smile. Omg, my jaw dropped then she just leave the locker room.

"She smiled at me?" I murmured to myself, that smile was pretty and addicting. I had never seen that before, it's that her real smile?

I woke myself from contemplating her, I opened my locker and grasped the books I needed. Then headed to my designated room for my first subject, English. And yeah, Hanni and I are classmates.

We have taking same course, but only four subjects where we are together and the rest are at different times and days., she's smart even if I don't see her in the library, she doesn't have many books apparently with her small grey shoulder bag.

Maybe she's smart so she doesn't need to go to the library or carry a lot of books. while me I have a lot of time at home just to study. Well, she is also the president of the student council. I bet she's really busy and being the cheerleader too.

I'm talking too much about her, did I? What's happening to me? Why do I care much for her too? It's kinda unusual to me.

I got to my room and entered the back door. I stopped when I saw that Hanni's minions were bullying our classmate, Sullyoon

Yoona is kind and smart, she's beautiful too but she's a nerd like me, and she has her natural beauty. I mean she's not wearing any make-up too.

As I look at the scene, pushed her hard at the wall while Hyein was holding a scissor. They have their teasing smile and Sullyoon look scared like a lost cat. Hanni was sitting at her desk looking at them, she was smiling. No. Smirking. She's smirking and I hate it. My hands are squeezed into fists and my heart is burning with anger. This is not right.