Chapter 8. New Job

HANNI POV

I and Min didn't attend our last class for today, we just stayed on the rooftop. We were sitting beside each other as we leaned on the wall.

"So let's know each other?" I asked, "I will tell you about myself and you do the same." I suggested, that being open to each other means being close too. I want to be close to her and yes, I mean it... I do trust Min.

"Okay, then you go first." She just agreed.

"About my childhood? I lived in Australia with my father while my mother died giving birth to me because of that, my father was very angry at me. He treated me badly, he blamed me for the death of my mom. He used to beat me and lock me up in the closet every night that's why I hate darkness. And in school, they bullied me because I have a different race. I'm so helpless that time." My voice trembled but I didn't cry. I'm so had enough for that.

Min put her arm around my shoulders. I tilted my head and leaned it in the crook of her neck. I feel safe with her and I can just be myself, I'm not afraid to show it to her.

"That's tough and maybe it's the reason why you wanted to be like what you are today." She hit the right note.

"Okay, so my turn" I nodded. "Well, I have a good life back then and until now. As I said, I'm Kim Minji. My mother gave me all I want and she loves me, she taught me a lot of things in life." Kim Minji thing again? Yeah, she doesn't trust me that's why she's saying this. Sighed.

"About my father? I don't know... My Mom said he has a new family and that's all I know." We're just the same as I thought.

"Can you imagine that? Even the billionaire people can be left out! People think that they are destined but how will it works if they do nothing? I mean relationship may work if they will just help each other and not just depend on that destiny. They just reason it out because they are tired to fight. I want to kill destiny for that, who's destiny?" Min chuckled.

Yeah. She has a point there. Relationships won't work if they do nothing about it and just hope for destiny.

"Do you hate your Dad?" I asked.

"Nope, the relationship ends because two people decide to do it. And it's their decision, I can't do anything about that. My Mom always said that my Dad loves me but I doubt that. I can't see him for the past 20 years of my life, is that love?" I don't know but maybe her Dad has a reason? But yeah, it must be hard for Min. I understand her.

"And I don't easily trust people because of money, they're blinded by material things in this world." She added. Every human likes money of course we need it to live. It's materialistic, check, but money has a big part of our lives. It depends on people how will they handle it, with good or bad intentions.

"Is your hair naturally blonde-colored?" I'm just curious.

"Ah, no. My hair is black. I just want this color." Min pulled away her arm gently from me and I looked at her. her messy hair bun and shook out her hair. My mouth was agape with incredulity as I saw her She took off her eyeglasses and she looked at me. Oh no, she's so beautiful. I didn't notice it I'm so dumb! She's like an angel.

"So how's my hair?" Min twirled her hair and glanced at it. "It's kinda dry, maybe I need to see my stylist sooner or later." Stylist? She has? I don't think so. Of course, she's not Kim Minji the heirs of Kim family the billionaire tycoon in SK.

"It suits you" I just said as I brushed my fingers through her hair, it was soft and smooth.

"Thank you" Min wore her eyeglasses again.

"Why don't you use a contact lens? Just the natural color because your eyeglasses covered your beautiful eyes. I mean, it's not seen. And I thought it kinda hitched." I'm just saying my opinion, I hope she's not offended.