36. Thranduil | Does it make you nervous when I stare?

Tumblr : kiatheinsomniac

notes: fucking Thranduil in his BOTFA armour? Hell yeah

pairing: Thranduil x Reader

word count: 3.1k

warnings: nsfw, quickie, vaginal fingering, against-the-wall sex, oral (male receiving)

***

Each time you took your sights from the townsfolk, you would find bright blue eyes on you and it was nerve-wracking to say the least. They were the eyes of the Elvenking who had emerged from his woodland realm with his army to reclaim some jewels, so Bard had told you. You thought of his cause as ridiculous but he would also aid Lake Town in claiming their rightful share of the mountain's wealth that Smaug had stolen from Bard's ancestor - such wealth would be essential for the town's people to rebuild their lives after the terror of dragonfire and the losses that it ensued.

You found yourself unable to hold his gaze for even a second, face flushing at being stared at by someone as powerful as he was beautiful. You would trip over your words in a flustered state for a few moments before regaining your composure and telling yourself that you would not look upon the Elvenking again. You were wrong each time, of course, and continued to find his eyes on you as you instructed the townsfolk in simple defences from each of four diagonals.

Bard had requested that you teach some of the people how to fight in order to try and better prepare them for the war that could not be avoided. Your late father had been a mercenary, teaching you how to use a longsword and a bow – you made your money off selling the pelts of animals that you hunted. Hunts, as of late, had rarely been without the occasional orc scout and so your swordsmanship skills had become more refined in recent months.

When you were permitted a break, you spent it in the armoury, looking for some decent armour. You refused to stay in Dale and hide with the elderly, children and other women. You knew that, in your place, some young boy who was yet to be considered a man would have to fight and the fishermen of Lake Town lacked in number when it came to people with your fighting skills. You were far from being like the warriors of old legends but you could defend yourself and you would not see a defenceless boy be made to take your place.

You browsed around what remained in the armoury, all of the protective gear old, most in poor condition, and all of it designed for men which would do very poorly to fit you. You had to settle for some chainmail, good against sword-slashes but not heavy weapons and a helmet that must have been made for a young man for it to fit you as it did.

You set the helmet down on a dusty table as you pulled out a chair, not bothered by the cobwebs after all you had been through in the last few days. You rested your head in your hands and let out a long sigh, thinking about what lay ahead. You ran a hand through your hair, pushing back the strands that had escaped your braid and now fell about your face, looking up to where one of the two armoury doors stood open, finding a tall silhouette blocking a lot of the light.

You froze at seeing those strikingly blue eyes again. He stepped inside and shut the door behind him and you rose to your feet, back straightened and head lowered in respect of his status.

"King Thranduil," You began, "is there anything I can assist you with?"

"Only in satisfying me." Your eyes widened and a blush flooded to your cheeks as your head snapped up to meet his eyes. You most certainly wouldn't be opposed but this was very sudden and you were sure there were elven women who were far more beautiful than you within his realm. Was he merely so impatient in his lust that he had decided to take his pick from the mortal women while camping in the ruins of Dale? The corner of his mouth pulled up in a smirk at your reaction, "My curiosity, that is." Your body seemed to relax.