59. Fili | Jewellery and bad-tempered II

Tumblr : shiinata-library

Relationships: Fíli x You (Fem!Dwarf)

Content: Fluff

Summary: You have a very bad temper and you know it very well. When you were little, you used to have Fíli and his brother tease you when you lived in the Blue Mountains. Now you live in the Iron Hills and you see them again in Erebor, you think they still haven't changed ...

*

Back at the Iron Hills, you quickly resume your habits. You missed your little jewellery shop. Still living with your mother, she hurriedly asked you to tell her about your trip. She was delighted to hear from Dís. She hastened to send a letter to her old friend.

Weeks and then months pass quickly. Unintentionally, you keep hearing from Erebor; either by your mother who exchanges letters with Dís, or by your friend who corresponds regularly with Kíli. Considering how your last meeting with the Princes was, in the rain in a muddy forest, you aren't particularly trying to hear from them. And you can imagine they don't try either. However, you can't help but think from time to time of Erebor: its craftsmen, its materials, the mountain ...

One evening when you close your shop, your friend comes running to you. You invite her to have a drink at your home. She accepts but she says she won't be staying long. She explains she is leaving for Erebor the next day. Lord Dáin explained Dís was in pain and no one could find a solution there. That's why King Thorin asked the Iron Hills' healers and herbalists for help. You smile mischievously at her. You tell her this is a good opportunity to spend time with Prince Kíli. Blushing, she tells you she probably won't have time to see him. You are happy for her. She seems really attached to Kíli. He's an idiot, but he would be perfect for her.

.

Several weeks pass. Your friend has already arrived at the Lonely Mountain and she explained to you by letter that Dís is very unwell and there's a good chance she will stay there for a long time. This doesn't reassure your mother and she hesitates to go join her. Knowing she will be of no use by her side, she prefers to wait for her recovery before going to see her.

One day when your shop is quiet, you are organizing some jewellery on your counter. When you hear the bell of the front door ringing, you take your professional smile and look up. At the sight of the Erebor's princes approaching you, you lose your smile.

- "K-Kíli, Fíli? What are you doing here?" - "Hello. Yes, I'm fine. How about you?" Fíli sighs, looking at the jewellery in the shop. - "(Y/N)! We saw your mother when we were with Dáin. She told us where to find you. Your shop is beautiful!" - "Ah um, thank you," you say, blushing a little. - "By the way, excuse me for ball night. I didn't recognize you," he smirked foolishly. "And in the cave, I didn't have time to say much." - "Don't worry. I know you're an idiot," you laugh. - "You've become pretty, right Fíli?" he says, turning quickly to his brother, who ignored him. "But you haven't changed your character!" - "I don't know how I should take it. Coming from you, I guess it's a compliment." - "Of course! And your friend, do you know where she is?" he asks with sparkling eyes. - "My friend?" you ask puzzled. "She's in Erebor, for Dís." - "W-what?!" Kíli shouts. - "You don't know?" you say, seeing Fíli worried, approaching. "Thorin asked for help in finding healers to look after your mother. She is ill and they can't find a solution." - "We left Erebor a few months ago because of some orcs attacks and nobody told us anything..." Fíli says, crossing her arms. - "Nooooo, she's in Erebor while I am here! Mahal, did she do it on purpose or what?" - "You didn't tell her you were coming here either. She thought you would be in Erebor." - "Kíli, we're going back to Erebor tomorrow. Orcs or not, we must return to our mother. - "Y-yes of course ..."