57. Kili | The ponies race

Tumblr : shiinata-library

Relationships: Kíli x You (Modern girl in Middle Earth)

Content: Fluff, idiot in love

Summary: Coming from another world, you think riding ponies is as easy as driving a car. You provoke Kíli in a pony race but it doesn't go exactly as planned and you fall into the water.

*

Finally safe! At Beorn, you know you are safe for days. How do you know? Because you know the story of The Hobbit since the world where you come from, it is a book and movies. You are reassured you have finally arrived at the calmest moment before you find yourself in an Elven prison, against an insane King and then in a bloody battle.

You don't know how you ended up in Middle-earth, but you didn't start with The Shire. Oh no. You woke up in the middle of nothing. In the middle of the mountains. And it was freezing! Before night fell, you made a fire to warm you up. You didn't expect a group of thirteen dwarves and a hobbit to join you.

You found it hard to believe that Thorin's company was in front of you, but you ended up accepting it; especially when you heard Thorin's tone, Fíli and Kíli's laughter or saw Dwalin's axe. Not wanting to leave you alone in the middle of nothing, they stayed camping with you that evening.

In the evening, they explained to you where you were. The Misty Mountains. You almost wanted to go to Rivendell, but you didn't want to leave the company. After a night of negotiating with Thorin, he finally agreed you stay with them; on condition that you will stay in the next human city they will pass through. You accepted, but of course you will follow them to Erebor.

Anyway. After dropping by Goblin-town, seeing Azog with your own eyes, falling off a cliff, traveling on eagles, here you are at Beorn. And you are in no hurry to leave.

Now that the presentations with Beorn are over, everyone goes about their business. Not knowing what to do, you go to see the animals behind Beorn's house. You see Fíli walking towards you, smiling.

- "What are you doing here?" he begins. "Don't you have the same animals in your world?"

Yes, because you ended up telling them that you came from a different world. In truth, it was Gandalf's fault. He let the cat out of the bag after you told him everything. Some believe you and some don't. Fíli and his brother seem to believe you.

- "They're the same. Except for the bees... They're not that big where I come from," you laugh. "But at least, they scare me less." - "Don't worry, only here are they that size!"

You laugh together and then you see Kíli in the distance. He is talking to Balin. You have no problem speaking with the members of the company except with Kíli. In your world, you were what is called an introvert. And Kíli is just the opposite. You never know how to answer him when he talks to you or how to react when he plays a joke on you. And you can't help yourself to always blushing when he speaks directly to you. However, you very much enjoy being by his side or listening to him speak. He makes you laugh and you tend to forget you are on one of the most dangerous quests in Middle-earth. And we are not going to lie to each other, you really have a crush on him.

During your journey, he has tried to talk to you several times, but you can never answer him with the same ease as with others. Even Thorin intimidates you less.

.....

For example, a few days after joining the company. The weather is cool but the sun is there. You have been in Thorin's company for just a few days, and you feel the two nephews are dying to learn more about you. As you walk alongside Bilbo, the two young nephews approach you. They suggest playing a game. Puzzled at first, Fíli explains the game is just about choosing between two proposals. Whoever answers the question can ask a new question. You end up accepting.