The past predicts the future

Jake's POV

I walked down the path that led to the river. As I approached I heard a laugh that I knew all to well. The musical sound reached me from the river, I heard her cry out, I ran down and knelt between the trees feeling like a complete stalker. I watched Shawn hoist Holly over his shoulder and race down the hill. She grabbed her beanie before it could fly away. Okay, so Shawn was a lot stronger then I thought he was.

"SHAWN PUT ME DOWN!"

Holly was breathless with laughter, Shawn put her down she caught hold of him so he fell on top of her, I have had enough of this, I casually walked into the clearing and walked over past them and sat down by the river. I heard the laughter die down behind me. Perfect. I pretended not to notice and began to draw patterns in the soft grass at my feet.

................

Holly's POV

Fuck! Really? Jake was being a real asshole. I had agreed to be friends with him, even after all he had put me through. He wreaked my social life. He broke my heart. At least I still had friends. Did I make a mistake agreeing to be friends with him? Now he was pulling a bullshit move by pretending he had no idea we were there and it was pissing me off. I felt Shawn's arm snake around my waist and pull me closer to him.

"let's move camp."

I nodded and we moved to the other side of the river crossing the tiny bridge that someone had built. Shawn lay down on the grass and propped himself up on his elbows. I placed my head on his lap and closed my eyes. I let the sent of the clearing and the sent that always seemed to surround Shawn fill my senses and let the sun wash over me, warming every inch of my body. I felt Shawn's finger run through my hair. I had always loved the feeling, I remembered my mother stroking my hair when I was upset or when I was scared. It was always calmed me. Shawn's other hand was resting on my stomach. I took it and began to play with his fingers, I noticed how much bigger his hand was then mine. I placed my palm to his and compared them. The tips of my fingers reached just passed his knuckles.

"Having fun there?"

My lips curled up in a smile as I nodded. I heard him give a small laugh and ran his thumb over my knuckles, looking up into his beautiful eyes I could not help but feel like I had a entire cage of butterflies released in my stomach. Whether I liked it or not, once again I had fallen in love.

..............

Shawn's POV

Who knew how long it had been? Holly had fallen asleep and I had begun to pick up the small purple and white flowers and began weaving them into a crown. I looked down at Holly, and smiled, she looked so happy and peaceful. I suddenly heard footsteps padding through the soft grass. Jake sat down next to me and looked my over. I got the feeling that he was X-raying me.

"She really likes you."

I glanced over quickly.

"I guess."

He raised an eyebrow at me and smirked.

"You guess? From the way she acts around you I KNOW she really likes you."

I thought he hated me. It id not take a genius to put two and two together. When I found out that he was Holly's ex everything had clicked. Now here he was talking to me like we where good friends.

"Whats the catch?"

Jake looked slightly confused, I wove the last flower into the crown and placed them on Holly's head. I pushed some stray stands of hair off of her face.

"Look man, I know I have been a ass.... I just don't like the fact that i'm not the one making Holly happy now."

Our silence was broken only by the whispering of the trees and tinkling of the river. I gazed off into the distance thinking, I turned by upper body to face Jake so Holly was not disturbed.

" Yeah well if you tell me what happened I might have a little more sympathy. I see the way Holly looks at you, I know something bad happened between you two. But I can't really forgive you until I know what happened."

................

Holly's POV

I lay awake listing to the two boys talk. I had woken up when Shawn had shifted slightly. I opened my eyes a fraction to see him weaving a crown out of flowers. I had to resist the urge to turn my head when I heard footsteps. Now I was hearing Jake spill everything that had happened to Shawn. Shawn did not say a word as Jake was talking.

"So that's what happened, and I just got her to agree to be friends with me. And I am 99% sure that I fucked that up by being an ass to you."

Shawn glanced down at me I let my eyelids flutter slightly.

"she's waking up."

I let my eyes open, Shawn smiled and brushed his fingers over my cheek. I sat up and let my eyes land on Jake. My beanie was lying a few feet away. He looked awkward.

"Hey friend!"

I said as much enthusiasm as I could muster. After hearing him give a full apology to Shawn I felt he deserved a little respect. He looked Shocked. I reached up and shifted the crown on my head.

"I feel so regal!"

Both boys laughed as I struck a royal pose. Maybe with a little effort this could all work out.

......................

A/N

Hey beauties! So I'm starting to run out of ideas. I think I might cut this book off and make a sequel to this. Its still not official but. With my ideas for this story Its either going to be a reeeaaalllllyyy long book or Ill make a sequel.

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY

don't forget to:

VOTE

COMMENT!!

and remember to stay gorgeous!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO (get how much I love you yet?)

-Hannah