Roaring Waves

It was Sunday and both of us driving to my school – the place I loved so much but hardly visited twice or thrice after my twelfth. As we entered the school, she first saw that corner shop where we used to snack and observe the little world of our school.

She looked around the shop and field as I complete the formalities of entrance.

'So, that was the shop, Huh?' She asked.

'Yeah baby, but the lady who owned this has left, we used to have our fill of snacks many a times when famished' I said.

'Show me your class and her class.' She said.

As were going forward one similar voice called me.

'Hey listen, son.'

I looked back and saw our former principal, a man of repute. I ran towards him and touched his feet.

'Hello Sir, it was unexpected to see you here, in the school,' I said.

'Your Ma'am still teaches here,' he said.

'That's wonderful!' I exclaimed.

'Sir, she is my wife, Simran, she a teacher at a government school as well.' I introduced my wife.

'My blessings with you beta, it's good to see our children getting settled.' Sir blessed her putting hand on her head.

'Thank you, Sir, I wish I could be a part of this Navodaya family.' She spoke.

'You're now, because of him.' He assured.

'Yes Sir, it was her plan to visit.' I shared.

'Good, you must show her everything.' Sir said.

'Sure Sir.'

'And have lunch with us in the school, I hope you haven't forgotten the taste of Navodayan food.' Sir said and smiled.

'I've always missed it, Sir.' I said and again greeted him.

'Okay, go on then, see you soon.' Sir said and tapped my back.

Sir returned to his home.

'Now I wonder why you guys are so reluctant to leave each other, I'm feeling like family here.' She said.

'Yeah, let's visit to the academic block.' I said.

I led her towards it.

'So that was my intermediate class. I'm almost back in time. We've had a lot of fun here.'I said.

'Hmm..., it is nice.' She said.

'Come with me, I will show you some another places.' I said.

I was standing in the gallery, facing the physics lab.

'Towards my right hand it is boy's entry gate and on the left for the girls.' I explained her. I showed her the place where I saw Aisha with her mom.

'Where is her class?' She asked curiously.

'It seems someone is very curious to dive into Aisha's past.' I said in a picking way.

'Shut up, show me.' She said.

I introduced her 'the class' of Aisha and showed her Aisha's seat, the second seat from the first corner row.

'Oh, so the miss beauty used to sit here.' She said.

'Yeah.' I said.

I described every room of our academic block to her.

Then I showed her the hostel where I used to stay, The Udaigiri House. She saw 24 cemented beds in one dormitory.