The Gone Friend

One day before her summer Holidays I called her.

'Hey, you coming home tomorrow?'

'Yeah, I think so.'

'I have some interesting stuff, you won't get bored that time.'

'Oh, wow, it would be great for me.'

'Do you mind if we meet? Somewhere in your midway.'

'We could but I'm coming with my friends.'

'Ohh, I wish we could share a beer.'

'Well, let's see next time, actually, I leave college during the morning and have to catch the bus at evening. So, I used to have few hours to spend in Jaipur and I can't dull my senses during the journey with alcohol.' She said.

'I don't believe in next time now. Rest is up to you and I know you are a fearless girl and when you will decide we will surely meet.'

'Now don't say that you have completed your research on me. I can't plan at once. Many things have to be considered before such planning. I will tell you when the time comes.'

'I know you can adjust the things.'

'Don't compel me this time, we will meet next time. I assure you.' She said.

'And here my watch begins, and don't hibernate in holidays, stay in contact.' I said.

'Okay.' She said and laughed.

'Beer is an excuse. I want to feel the atmosphere when I will confront you. I want to check all my emotions...glands...senses...that how they react when my eyes will see your glittering eyes...and the most beautiful face. I want you to observe me when I observe you. I want to talk to you in a hundred ways and I want you to feel my stubbornness towards you. I want you to pull out that lover boy of yours who is in your friend zone because I will never give up on you. I always loved you.' Little-me said.

Two weeks after her arrival she replied to my unseen texts.

'Sorry, I was in Jammu with family so couldn't reply.'

'Enjoying the Holidays, thanks to Uncle, preventing you from getting bored.'

'But still, almost six weeks are remaining, and I know after two days, hours will become days and days will become months.'

'Don't worry, I have something for you.'

'Yeah you always have something for me but what's this time?'

'You will get it by tomorrow evening.'

'Don't do anything stupid I'm telling you. If my brother suspects anything then you know the consequences.'

'Oh god, your brother, don't worry. I have my way to do the things and if your brother still finds anything suspicious then you can slap him as I'm not sending anything suspicious and why sometimes you become Queen of Jhansi the brave girl and sometimes a dumb villager who is in under control of her own brother?'

'I act according to the situation because I don't want an irrelevant argument with my brother. So, whatever your way of doing something, still be careful.'

'My sister will come to you. Act friendly then grab the stuff and don't let your brother ask her anything. She will come to you, not to your brother.'

'Okay [Sends smiley].'

Somehow, I managed to convince my sister to go there against her will. She delivered the package successfully. It contained some romantic movies and seasons and two great novels. My sister told me that her brother had been staring at her but hadn't said anything.