The New Beginning

Seven days later:

'We should go to another place, again Mussorie.' I said while driving.

'I know you promised this place to someone else once but can't you visit there for your wife and baby.' She said in a teasing way.

'Oh come on and please don't include my baby in this, the baby said nothing about Mussorie.' I said.

'He said through me.'

'I'm not in the mood to argue, what next?' I said.

'We will go Dalai Hill in the night and I will spend the whole night into your arms again.' She said.

We reached Mussorie and I did as my wife planned. I didn't think about surprises or gifts from her because both of us always hated surprises too.

As per plan we were sitting on the hill near the iron railing by hanging our legs down the surface, beside the Lord Buddha statue, melodious breeze was flowing and she was singing an old song into my arms. I was listening to her very carefully. The whole Mussorie was silent from there.

'Ten, Nine, Eight, Seven, Six, Five, Four, Three, Two, One...and my husband's day starts from now.' She said looking at her watch.

She stood up, brought her fist at front of her face like holding the mike.

'Happy birthday my beloved husband, my moon and my star, my earth and my sky, I love you so much, honey.' She said like she was inviting all the stars.

I stood up and hold her tight into my arms.

'Every day is my day as far as I'm holding you like this.' I said and long kissed her lips.

'I knew you don't like surprises so I don't have anything to give you, except me and memories.' She said.

'You don't have to darling.' I said and kissed her again.

'But forgive me, I have something for you today.' She said and dialed a number and cut the call at once.

'Honey, don't scare me, tell me please, don't hide anything.' I said.

'Say hi to your past.' She said.

I looked towards the entrance of the place.

Vivan came with cake followed by one girl. 'Happy birthday brother, may you live until this Lord Buddha statue remains here.' He put the cake on the bench at the front of the statue and hugged me.

'She is Divya, she and I...' He said but I intervened him.

'Hi Divya, how are you?' I said.

'I'm fine Yash, Happy birthday to you.' She wished me and we shook hands.

'You mysterious guy, you never told about her.' I said.

'Your wife refused me. I was about to tell you.' He said.

'You didn't tell me.' I said to her.

'Today was the time.' Simran said and giggled.

'That's a beautiful surprise, I'm glad to see you here brother, my wife really surprised me. I got scared first.' I said and hugged him again.

'Isn't she pretty?' Vivan whispered in my ear.

'Yeah, but you are prettier than her.' I replied.

We burst into a laugh. Simran and Divya were looking at us with a smile.

'Missing him?' Vivan whispered in my ears.

I didn't reply.

'Okay, leave me, turn to another side.' Vivan whispered in my ear.