Chapter 3: Dealing with a " Curse " ( Part 1 )

( A/n: Okay. Mera will be dealing with something that came out of the blew during the events of Match Maker. Feel free to comment about any theories you have on Mera or anything about her " curse ". I hope you like it! )

Mera, Marco, and Star in Echo Creek Academy. Star was tossing her magic wand up and down.

Marco: ( to Star and Mera: ) I like red, I like hoodies. So I bought a dozen of them.

Mera was about to say something, when she heard someone say " Hey, it's that magic girl! " A large group of students and the school janitor pass by them, saying hello to Star and avoiding eye contact with Mera.

Star: Hi, new friends! Hi! Everyone's so cool here, guys. It makes me wish my parents had tossed me out of the castle years ago.

Mera: ( silently but they still heard her: ) I agree, it's nice to have some time away from the magic high commission.

Marco: Oh, you two haven't even met the coolest guys.

Mera: Oh?

Marco then showed the girls to two boys standing next to some lockers.

Marco: Alfonzo and Ferguson.

Alfonzo: ( to Ferguson: ) Quick, here she comes!

Ferguson lifts up his shirt to reveal a face drawn on his stomach. A girl walks past and looks repulsed as Ferguson moves his stomach to make it look like it's talking.

Ferguson: Hey, hey. Are those books? Where are you going with those books? Do you like to read-

The girl slaps Ferguson's face, slaps his stomach's face, and walks away.

Alfonzo: Oh dear.

Mera: ( silently: ) Oh my...

Marco: ( to Star and Mera: ) They're usually cooler.

Star: I need to fix Ferguson up.-

Mera: No, Star. You don't.

Marco: Yes, listen to Mera, Star. You don't.

They then heard rolling wheels and turned left to see Jackie Lynn Thomas. She does a kickflip on her skateboard and rolls through the halls.

Marco: ( gasps ) ( has hearts in his eyes ) Jackie Lynn Thomas!

Jackie skates past Star, Mera, and Marco.

Jackie: Hey, Star Butterfly!

Star: Hi, Jackie!

Star and Mera then noticed the look on Marco's face.

Star: ( gasps ) ( to Marco: ) I need to fix you up.

Marco: What?!

Star: Oh, come on. I'm almost as good at matchmaking as I am with magic-

Mera: ( blankly with her hands on her hips: ) Says the princess, who has been trying to set me up with her ex for about a year now despite him being a prince and me a servant, and because of this princess he's now somewhat obsessed with trying to date me.

Star: He's more of determined than obsessed, Mera.

Marco: Is it the demon guy that calls Mera twice a week you've been talking about?

Mera: Yes.

Marco: ( to Star: ) I'm good.

Cut to the classroom. Mera was sitting in the back of the class, she was drawing spades and clubs in her notebook, and jumped slightly when she heard Miss Skullnick slam a test paper on Star's desk, looking monstrously annoyed, and she starts handing out test papers to the rest of the class.

Miss Skullnick: As you can see, class, most of you have done a pathetic job.

Mera looks at her test paper when Miss Skullnick hands it to her. She looks and sees that she had gotten an A plus. Mera smiled softly, as she didn't fully understand what an A plus meant but she assumed it was good. Mera's eyes then widened when she heard Star yell " Love Storm! " and Mera looked up from her to see that Star had transformed Miss Skullnick into a hideous green-skinned troll, making the other students gasp.

Mera: Star, what did you do?!

Star: I-I think I turned her into a troll.

Student: Wha...?

Another Student ( I don't remember his name ): Star Butterfly rules!

The students began to cheer, while Mera was mentally panicking about what to do.

Miss Skullnick: ( screamed: ) I'm hideous!

Marco: ( to Star: ) Quick, change her back!

Star: Oh, okay, yeah, right! ( Laughs nervously ) Okay, yeah... Lightning Change Back!

Miss Skullnick screamed, then she, Marco, and Star vanished from the room, causing the class to gasp and Mera ran out of the classroom and the school, and began looking for where her friends and her teacher could've went, she then stopped when her portable mirror rang, she pulled out her portable mirror, it was red with black wings on the side and a purple stitched heart on the back, she opened it and answered the call, revealing that is was Heckapoo that called.

Hekapoo: Hey, kiddo. I'm just calling to check in on you. Rhombulus is having trouble with finding your backup muzzles- Oh my goodness. Mera, don't panic.

Mera: What? What's wrong?!

Hekapoo: It's okay, just don't look at what's on your shoulder.

Mera glanced at her shoulder and saw a purple stitched heart on her shoulder.

Mera: Oh my goodness!! What is that?!

Hekapoo: I told you not to look or panic! It's okay, sweetie. Me and Rhombulus are on our way, just find someplace to hide until we get to you. ( Hangs up )

Mera quickly did what Hekapoo told her, she found an abandoned building to hide, and she'd used her size-shifting abilities to get onto the rooftop, she then went back to her normal size and hugged her knees with a panicked expression on her face. She wiped her eyes as she was beginning to tear up out of fear, and she accidentally wiped off the makeup on her checks, revealing....that she has dark pink cheekmarks on her cheeks like Star, that were in the shape of stitched hearts.

Mera: ( silently to herself, in fear as she was trying to hold herself back from bursting into tears: ) This must have got something to do with the curse. Hekapoo, Rhombulus, please hurry....

______________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter and part 1 of this episode, I hope you like it

Feel free to comment on what you think might be the reason for Mera having Cheekmarks like Star.

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜