Chapter 5: School Spirit ( Part 1 )

Mera, Star, Marco, and Alfonzo sit together at the pep rally. Miss Skullnick is seen with a bucket of fried chicken. A beach ball was bouncing around the place.

Star: Our very first pep rally, Mery! ( Gasps ) I am so excited!

Mera chuckled as Star bumps the beach ball, and a small rabbit-like creature appears from Star's wand. Marco picks it up.

Marco: ( to Star: ) When aren't you excited?

Mera: It's Star, so...never ( chuckles )

Star: ( to Mera and Marco: ) Shh.

Principal Skeeves: ( holding a microphone ) And now, Brittney Wong, who became head cheerleader on her own and not because her dad made a generous donation to the school.

Principal Skeeves gets hit in the head with a beach ball. The Echo Creek Academy spirit committee runs out carrying Brittney.

Spirit Committee: ( rhythmically: ) Go, Echo Creek! Let's try not to get beat! Go, Echo Creek! Let's try not to get beat! Go, go, go, go, yeah!

Brittney walks off the cheerleaders carrying her like stairs and takes the microphone away from Principal Skeeves.

Brittney: Make some noise if you love the Awesome Opussums!

The crowd cheered.

Star: ( gasps ) I love opussums! They carry their babies on their backs!

Marco: ( to Star: ) You know she's talking about our football team, right? We're going up against the Warriors. ( shudders )

Mera: ( confused: ) Warriors?

Alfonzo: Our rivals from Silver Hill Prep.

Marco: Every year, their team slaughters our guys.

Mera's eyes widened in horror in response.

Miss Skullnick: It's gonna be a bloodbath.

Miss Skullnick pulls a whole chicken skeleton out of her mouth.

Star: That's terrible! We must do something!

Marco: ( to Star: ) Well, you could join the Spirit Committee. Those kids are relentless when it comes to supporting the team.

A member of the Spirit Committee performs a leg split while holding a pair of pennants.

Spirit Committee Member: Opussums!

Marco: Relentless.

Star: What a great idea! We better pick up some supplies!

Marco: ( to Star: ) As fun as that sounds, you can go without me.

Mera: Sorry, Star, but I don't want to see any kind of bloodbath. I would like to be able to sleep tonight.

Star: Okay!

Star then left, and Mera continues watching the pep rally with Marco and Alfonzo. Mera accidentally hits Alfonzo and Marco with her tail.