Chapter 29: A New " Friend " ( Short )

A/n: This is during " The Banagic Incident ", I'm not sure this monster needs a warning, but Warning: SURPRISE! Anyway I hope you like the chapter.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Mera was in the backyard, reading a book labeled " The Tales of The Fox ", under the shade. Star then pokes her head out a window and looks at Mera with a excited smile.

Star: Mera! Me and Marco are leaving, you'll see you later, okay?

Mera: Alright, but remember to take your wand charger with you in case the wand runs out of charge while you two are out.

Star: You got it!

Star then goes back inside, and Mera continues reading until she heard a voice behind her.

???: ( Blankly: ) You must be Star Butterfly's monster servant.

Mera jumped and turned to see a tall well-dressed lizard monster with yellow eyes.

( A/n: Yeah... Raise your hand if you have a bad feeling about this )

Mera: Who are you? If you are after the wand, you're too-

Toffee: I'm not after the wand. I came to check on the well being of another monster. The name's Toffee.

Mera: Huh? But you don't even know me.

Toffee: You didn't know Lobster Claws, and yet you cared about his well being.

Mera: I guess you have a point, but... How did you...

Toffee: I'm Ludo's Efficiency expert.

Mera: ( a bit jokingly: ) Well, you have your work cut out for you, mister. Because Ludo's efficiency is to a none.

Toffee then noticed what book she was reading.

Toffee: Fan of the legendary The Fox, I see.

Mera: Ah, who isn't?

Toffee: You do know that the Mewmans don't know about The Fox as much as us monsters?

Mera: ( curious ) What do you mean?

Toffee: For starters, The Fox was a normal Mewman, but no one in Mewni knew why exactly he risked his own life to save mewmans and monsters. Except, well, maybe I shouldn't tell you, might find it boring. ( turns to walk away )

Mera: No, no, no! Please tell me. I don't find anything about The Fox boring.

Mera didn't see the evil glint in Toffee's eyes when she said that, and he turned to her with a calm expression.

Toffee: Alright. The reason why he'd saved both mewmans and monsters even though he was a mewman, was because he was raised by monsters who believed that mewmans and monsters were equal. He was an orphan that was taken in by a kind monster family, and he risked his life to protect and serve both mewmans and monsters because he was born a mewman, but he had the heart and mind of a monster.

Mera: ( is amazed ) Wow...! That makes so much sense, I bet his family is really proud of him...( Sadly: ) and I bet they really miss him now that he's missing.

Toffee: Many monsters grieve his....disappearance. I am surprised you didn't know this, surely your parents told you this.

Mera: No... They didn't want to be in my life...

Toffee: I see... And I'm guessing you don't talk to anyone of our kind?

Mera: ( sighs sadly ) Yep.

Toffee: That's a real shame, from what I've heard you would've made a great daughter.

Mera smiled slightly at Toffee's words, but then Mera started hearing voices coming from inside the house.

Mera: Oh, dear... Sounds like Star is invited some guests. ( to Toffee: ) It was nice talking to you, but I need to go back inside and check on her.

Toffee: I understand. I do hope we talk again soon, you are more easier to talk to than Ludo and his army.

Mera: Aw, that's sweet. Oh, you should probably also leave before she sees you as well, because she'll probably blast you. Bye!

Mera then picked up her book and went back inside. Toffee pulled out Ludo's dimensional scissors and opened a portal with an evil smile as he walked through the portal, it closes behind him.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this short episode, I hope you like it.

Do you think Toffee is planning something for Mera? If so, what do you think he's planning? And what do you think about what Toffee said about The Fox?

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜