Chapter 11: Cheer up, Mera

Mera, Star, and Marco were running from Ludo's monsters.

Marco: Whoa!

Star: Cupcake blast!

Star fires upon the monsters with cupcake projectiles. One of the monsters cuts off the head of a coyote sculpture. Mera, Star, and Marco run into the backyard shed as the monsters followed.

Ludo: ( laughing: ) We've got them cornered!

Star uses her wand to brighten the shed, and Marco locks the door as the monsters try to break it down. Mera was trying to keep herself calm.

Marco: How could I have been so stupid?

Mera: Marco, what are you talking about?

Marco boards up the door with buckets of paint. The monsters pound on the door. Marco retrieves a skull-shaped bust on a shelf.

Star: Marco, what the heck is going on?

Marco: Uh...this may be all my fault.

Mera: What?!

Star: What did you...

Star and Mera noticed a three eyed monster looking inside through the open window blinds. Mera closed the blinds.

Mera: Marco Diaz, what did you do?

Marco: Um...-

Marco falls off the shelf and hands the skull bust to Star.

Marco: Hold this. Uh, we're gonna need to build some armor.

Star: Marco?

Marco puts on a protective mask.

Marco: Okay. Where does Dad keep his blowtorch?

The monsters outside shake the shed, and the blowtorch falls into Marco's hand.

Marco: Heh-heh! There it is!

Mera: Marco!

Marco puts the mask down and turns the blowtorch on.

Star & Mera: ( at the same time: ) Marco Diaz!

Marco lifts up the mask and turns to face the two Mewni girls. Mera crossed her arms and Star dropped the skull bust on the floor.

Star: What...is going...on?

Marco: Look, do you two remember when I was having that really bad day?

Mera: As I remember currently... ( Pulls out her notebook, and reads what she wrote down in it ) You had trouble catching the bus, ran into the bus's stop sign when it made a stop after you punched it to catch the driver's attention, the bus door closed on your hood causing you to get pulled along when the bus began driving again...

Marco: ( whispers, to Star: ) Does she always write everything down in her notebook?

Star: ( whispers back: ) What? No. She always draws spades and clubs in it along with little draws whenever she's bored.