Chapter 18: Mewberty ( Part 2 )

The students were now hiding in fear, while Mera was on the school's rooftops and was trying to find Star as she had lost her. She finds Star carrying a short boy named " Timmy ", Timmy was whimpering and screaming in fear. Mera then saw Marco.

Mera: Oh, dear...

Marco: Whaaaat theeee....? Star?

Star tears the door off a locker, throws Timmy inside, and covers the opening with web.

Marco: Star, you gotta get a hold of yourself. You're scaring everyone.

Star then looked at Marco, she then sprays Timmy with more webbing when she heard him whimper.

Timmy: Aah!

Marco: I said, stop!

Marco then grabs Star's arm, Mera's eyes widened.

Mera: Oh, no...

Timmy: ( to Marco: ) Now she's mad. ( Whimpers )

Star starts to cover Marco with web.

Marco: Ow!

Mera: ( gasps ) Marco!

Star then stops when she hears the boy she likes " Oskar " playing music. Star flies up to see Oskar sitting on his car.

Star: Oskar....

Marco: Oh, no.

Star flies towards Oskar, but Mera, jumped off the roof, landed on her feet, grew five times her own size, and caught Star with both hands.

Mera: Gotcha!

Star then started pulling Mera towards Oskar's direction, while Mera was trying her best to keep Star in her hands.

Mera: Marco! Help!

Marco quickly got on a rooftop and caught Mera and Star with a tennis net. Oskar kept singing as Star frails around in Mera's hands as the tennis net was preventing them from going any closer to Oskar, Mera was tuning out what Oskar was saying as to keep her focus. Star then somehow manages to escape Mera's grasp but is caught in the net, and Star flies into a tree, and  several boys fall out and run away screaming. Mera and Marco both let out a sigh in relief. Star then flies out of the tree and drags Marco along into the clouds.

Mera: Goodness gracious!

Mera watched as Star drags Marco through the sky and across the school. She then shrunk back to her normal size and went next to Janna and Glossaryck as Marco and Star passed them, Janna was feeding Glossaryck pudding.

Glossaryck: ( yells out, to Marco: ) You're making things worse! ( Notices Mera ) Oh, Hello, Little Solar.

Mera: Hello, Glossaryck. How long until this is over?

Glossaryck: Just a few more seconds left.

Mera then saw that Marco had let go of the net and fell over, which caused her to go to him with a worried expression. They then watch as Star flies over and carries Oskar and his car up into the sky. His music fades into the distance. Marco looks up at the sky on his knees. Mera's ear twitch slightly when she hears a beep sound as Marco's eyes start to water. A purple heart lands on his nose. Then more purple hearts rain from the sky. Oskar's car crashes right next to Marco, almost hitting Mera.

Mera: Goodness gracious!

Marco: Whaaah!

Oskar lands on his car. His keytar lands in his lap.

Oskar: ( not fazed by what just happened ) What's up?

Mera: ( is in disbelief at Oskar ) You just fell from the sky! How are you not even remotely traumatized?

Oskar just shrugged his shoulders in response. Star then crashes on what's left of her cocoon.

Marco & Mera: Star!

Star emerges from the cocoon, back to normal.

Star: Ohhh...

Marco: You came back!

Mera: Don't you ever scare us like that again!

Marco and Mera hugged Star. Star smiled and returns the hug. There's a light buzzing behind Star. Marco and Star screamed out of surprise, while Mera was calm about it as she knew what it was.

Marco: What was that?

Mera calmly turns Star around and moved her hair to the side, revealing that Star now has a set of tiny, vestigial wings.

Star: ( squeals ) Look, guys! I got my mewberty wings! ( ties her hair in a ponytail )

Marco: Does that mean you can fly?

Star then grabbed Marco's arm.

Star: Let's test it out!

Mera: No, wait!-

Star jumped into the air with Marco, then fell to the ground.

Star: ( disappointed: ) Nope.

Mera: ( sighs with a chuckle ) Come on, you two. Let's go home.

( Slight Time Skip, in Mera's room )

Mera was in her room with Angel, and she was looking at her reflection in the mirror as she removed the makeup on her cheekmarks, making her cheekmarks visible. Angel looks at her in confusion, and Mera knew why.

Mera: ( sighs ) I might as well tell you, Angel. I... I was cursed when I was an infant, my Uncle Rhombulus said it was called the Fake Butterfly Curse. It's a curse that gives you the cheekmarks of a Butterfly when you're not...it also raises the chances of you becoming evil... It's one of the reasons why Queen Moon has me wear a muzzle in public, and Star can never ever find out or she'll... she'll... It'll just hurt her if I do become evil...

Mera then grabbed her makeup kit and puts makeup on her cheeks, hiding her cheekmarks. Suddenly, she gets a call from Tom on her mirror. She then lets out a sad sigh before she rejects the call.

Mera: ( with a sad expression: ) It's also one of the main reasons why there's no chance for me and Tom. No matter how many times Star says that I should give him a chance, I wish I could, but I can't. A prince and a servant aren't meant to be a item, especially a servant like me, it's just how things are...

Angel whined in response, as he wished he could do something to make his owner feel better. Mera then sat on her bed and begins to pet her doberman with a sad smile.

Mera: But, I'll be fine, I always am...

______________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this episode, I hope you like it

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜