Chapter 23: Blood Moon Ball ( Part 1 )

( A/n: I hope you guys are ready for this episode, because I know I am. )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a partial red moon in the sky. Oskar was playing his keytar on his car at Echo Creek Academy's parking lot. A black and red carriage pulled by a skeleton horse emerges from the ground in a pillar of fire on the handicap spot. The carriage door opens, and Tom steps out and walks towards the school.

Oskar: Hey, that's a handicap spot-

The skeleton horse looks at Oskar. Oskar pauses before going back to playing his keytar.

( Meanwhile with Mera, in class )

Mera was sitting at her desk in the back, writing down some extra notes in her notebook, when she heard the classroom door open, she paid it no mind, thinking it was a late student, until she heard some students gasp and she looked up from her notebook to see the students and desks in front of her's are floating and she sees Tom floating in front of her, wearing a suit and tie, and sunglasses. Tom then removed his sunglasses.

Tom: Hey, Mera. I'm here to take you...

Tom creates a flaming crescent moon in his hand.

Tom: ...to the Blood Moon Ball.

( Ten seconds later )

Mera is dragging Tom by his hand back towards his carriage with a huge blush on her face and a serious expression.

Mera: No, no, no, no, no.

Mera opens the carriage door and pushed Tom towards it.

Mera: ( to Tom, with a serious expression: ) You need to leave right now. Take your carriage, the fire, and the deceased horse, and go back to the underworld.

Skeleton horse: Wait. I'm dead?

Mera turns around and starts walking away.

Tom: Oh, come on, Rosepetal!

Tom sweeps Mera off her feet with flames and levitates her into his arms, causing her blush to deepen in response, which Tom finds adorable.

Tom: It's the Blood Moon Ball! It only happens once every 667 years.

Mera shrinks into the size of a mouse and fell out of Tom's arms, lands on the ground on her feet, and grew back into her normal size.

Mera: ( to Tom: ) It can't happen, Tom! Period. We're too different.

Mera turned to walk away again, but Tom quickly lands on the ground and gently grabs her hand.

Tom: Wait, wait, wait, wait. Mera, hang on. We have more in common than you think, plus, I'm a changed man, okay? I've got a life coach, Brain.

Brain pops out of the carriage, holding a cute bunny.

Brain: ( to Mera: ) Hey.

Tom: He's awesome.

Brain then hands the bunny to Tom before going back in the carriage.