Chapter 10: The Other Exchange Student ( Part 2 )

It has been a few days since Gustav's arrival and Mera has been noticing that Star has been acting strange, but Star kept telling her that she was fine whenever Mera asked if she was okay. Mera was in the minivan with the Diaz family as they were going to meet up with Gustav at Isolation Point, Mera's tail was holding Mera's moth plush. Angel was riding in the back while Mera was sitting next to Marco.

Mera: ( with an excited smile: ) I can't believe I'm actually going to have a picnic in the woods! I'm so excited!

Marco: You've never been on a picnic before?

Mera: ( happily: ) Oh, I have with Star many times, but we were never allowed to do it in the woods, heck I was rarely ever allowed to leave the castle without my Aunt or Uncles present, especially without my muzzle. ( Noticed that they made a left turn instead of a right turn ) Oh, Mr. Diaz you made a left turn instead of a right, I'm about 95 percent sure that someone might've flipped the sign around.

Mr. Diaz: Oh! You're right, Mery. Good eye. We don't want to keep Gustav waiting for too long.

Marco then decided to ask Mera about the plush as Mr. Diaz began turning the minivan around to go the right way to Isolation Point.

Marco: By the way, Mera, what's with the plush?

Mera: Oh. ( Holds up her moth plush ) This is Moth-Moth, I've had him since I was a baby when my Aunt and Uncles found me.

The Diaz family's eyes widened when Mera said at the end.

Mrs. Diaz: ( quietly, with slight worry: )Found?

Marco: Uh, Mera, what do you mean by " found "?

Mera: Oh, right, I didn't tell you... I was abandoned by my parents when I was a baby, Moth-Moth was the only thing I had with me when my Aunt and Uncles found me and they took me in.

Marco: Oh my gosh, I am so sorry, Mery.

Mrs. Diaz: You poor thing.

Mr. Diaz: Who would just abandon a sweet child like you?

Mera: It's okay... I'm fine with it now.

Mr. Diaz then honks the car horn as they arrived at Isolation Point. Mera then saw that Star was there with Gustav. Angel woke up and jumped out of the window as soon as Mr. Diaz rolled down his window. Angel barks happily at Star, and Mera gets out of the minivan to calm Angel down.

Mr. Diaz: ( gasps ) Star?! What a pleasant surprise!

Mrs. Diaz: You made it!

Star: Yeah, I did. And I came here to tell you something about Gustav.

Gustav gasped and laughed nervously. Mera tilts her head to the side in confusion as the Diaz family all gave Star big smiles, making Star's expression soften.

Star: He's made you even more meatballs and found some wild strawberries for Mera!

Mera: Oh! How kind of him.

Mrs. Diaz: Yay!

Mr. Diaz: Fantastic!

Marco: Woo-hoo!