Chapter 28: Talking Things Out

A/n: This is during the events of " Mewnipendance ", because let's be honest...do you really think monsters a holiday that celebrates something called " The Great Monster Massacre "? For those who are even thinking about saying " yes " as some kind of joke...Mera and I are very disappointed in you for thinking about making a joke about a massacre of monsters. Anyway, enjoy!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Mera was in her room with Angel and Webs, she was organizing her closet. Webs was on Angel's back, who was calm about the horned spider being on his back. She then pulled out her portable mirror when she got a text from Star.

Mera: ( reads the text out loud: ) " Just a heads up, you are going to have a visitor while we are re-enacting the great monster massacre. You'll thank me later. " ( confused: ) Huh?

Then there was a knock on Mera's door, she opened it and it was Tom, Mera's eyes widened.

Tom: Hi-

Mera slammed the door on him, and turned to her doberman and horned spider.

Mera: Webs, lock the windows.

Webs gives Mera a cute confused look.

Then a portal opens in her room and Tom walks out of it, he was holding the dimensional scissors.

Tom: ( to Mera: ) Yeah, me and Star sorta knew that you would do that, so she'd let me borrow her dimensional scissors. Listen, can we just talk before you-

Mera shrinks into the size of a mouse and went to hide under her bed.

Tom: ( with an " I saw that coming " expression: )-do that.

Mera: There's nothing to talk about!

Tom: Mera, we need to talk about this. You can't just keep acting like what happened at the ball, didn't happen. Please, you're killing me here.

Mera: No! If I told you, you'll hate me.

Tom was confused and slightly worried by what Mera was talking about. Angel looked under the bed, at Mera and whined in worry. Tom then pulled Mera out from under the bed with flames and levitates her into his hand.

Tom: ( to Mera, with a worried expression: ) Please, just... Tell me what's going on with you, Rosepetal.

Mera then sighed in defeat, she then jumped out of Tom's hand, and landed on the floor before growing back to her normal size.

Mera: If I tell you, you promise you won't say a word about this to anyone.

Tom: Yes.

Mera: ( takes a deep breath ) You know how my aunt and uncles have me wear a muzzle in public...?

Tom: Yeah. Which makes me want to burn all of them.

Mera: And I appreciate you for not doing that. But... There's a reason why they have me wear a muzzle... You might want to sit down.

Tom just grabbed Mera's hand.

Tom: I'm good.

Mera: ( sighs ) Okay... I was cursed when I was a infant with a curse that rises the chance of me becoming evil... I am required to wear a muzzle in public in case I turn evil, but I'm also not allowed to lose control of my emotions, meaning I most be calm at all times, and I most do everything I've been told, but... Since I came to Earth, I've been breaking the rules I have been following my whole life.... What happened at the ball...