[Chapter 15.5] still here.

Bowgart shivered in the dark winter's night. He was alone. Not even Rooba was there to be with him. Emptiness and sorrow was the only thing he could feel. The soft tune of the island dragging out like it was tired. He was tired too. Why was he left to live here when no one else he knew would be with him.
"Bowgart." Furcorn called his name. Bowgart turned and saw his pale stalk.
"Yes?"

"C-Can i sit with you?" He asked with a timid, scratchy voice.

"Sure." Furcorn walked over shakily, sitting next to him. The islands had been cursed with extreme weather conditions, frigid nights, and melting hot days. The sun-moon cross must have messed with the planet's atmosphere. Water island began to drain of water, plant island began to turn yellow and brown, air island drifted away, and the other islands slowly began to become vacant. Cold island was the only place some felt was home, but some monsters did stay on their original islands, homing being where the heart was.
"I wish the battle didn't happen." Furcorn whimpered with tears.

"Me too, but there was nothing else to do."

"We could have not fighted, we could have just talked with the Celestials and freed our friends."

"There was no other option." The dark reality had settled in, yet, nobody wanted to accept it. The clouds connecting the islands began to fade, and they had very little time left to decide what island they would stay on. The islands were drifting off, leaving the islands to break from Attmoz's control, leading to the clouds letting go.
"What island are you staying on?" Bowgart asked.

"I wanna stay with you. Theres no one else i know."

"But, it gets extremely cold here. Plant island would be much safer for you."

"i want someone to talk to. Please don't force me to go there." Bowgart sighed at his friend. He let out one of his arms, holding him closer.
"Alright. But, please be careful." He and Furcorn were the only monsters staying on Cold Island. They both knew it was inevitable they would die a slow, yet peaceful death in the snow and ice.

 They both knew it was inevitable they would die a slow, yet peaceful death in the snow and ice

————

The final snap rang through the island. Air island had now been broken from the clouds. The island drifted away slowly, yet quickly.
"Alright, get to shelter everyone!" Riff yelled to them. He, T-Rox, Pom-Pom, Tweedle, Fwog and Scups were the only ones left on the island, confident they would be able to survive without the other islands. T-Rox and Riff we're watching the island until it's final moments with the other islands, and now they began to drift away.
They dashed back to to the castle. It was strong and sturdy, and they had prepared it for the leaving of the island. The bunkered inside, but T-Rox didn't. It got windy, and he couldn't hold his footing on the ground. The last sight was the blur of his orange and grey body slip away.

At least, thats what she remembered. She was left alone, the sun on her face to comfort her when everything else seemed dull and bleak.
PomPom was the final survivor of air island. She would be the only one to watch the island now, until, she too, felt the embrace of death. She couldn't do it herself. She couldn't self terminate. What would EomPom think of her know? Would she see her differently, would she still see her as a manipulative man-catcher. She hated the idea.
"November something, zero A.C. Or, after cross. Today, im reflecting on what my past actions have led to. I know it wasn't in my control, yet, i still think a small part of it is my fault. I hope someday i'll see another soul. Anyone and i'll be happy. Good evening, PomPom."

————

————

Shellbeat sat at his drum set. The island's water had completely drained, and he knew he had little time left. He, Sponge and Parlsona were left in the dry abyss of the sky.
"Par, why didn't you go with the others?" Shellbeat asked.

"I had to. I couldn't live knowing i left you guys here to die alone. I know one day we'll meet again. I'll live much longer than you two will." She said. He never knew she thought like that. Was she always that compassionate?
Spunge them whistled the tune Parlsona and Magpi would sing. "I'll Make It somehow, I'll Go with the flow like water." is what they would sing.
Parlsona giggled. It was nice knowing that they had each other until time would pass by.
After moments of silence, Shellbeat stood up, and to his drum set. He began to play a beat, trying to feel something good like before with the others. Desperately tapping them to feel something inside. Parlsona wondered if she should join in, maybe she and Spunge could sing with him.

 Parlsona wondered if she should join in, maybe she and Spunge could sing with him

————

The island, scorched under the sun, sat silently. Many of the monsters had stayed on, but many had died and were disposed of into the vast void below.
Mammot sat under a tree. The silence was sickening. No monster spoke. Not even Potbelly, the talkative ones. The heat was nearly unbearable, the heat was so hot, it felt like their skin would melt off at any moment. Would cold island be safe from this heat?
"Mammot, i have a confession." Fwog said as he stepped forward. His skin was nearly red from the sun.
"Yes?"

"Me and Clamble were the ones that made you guys fail the contest at Spooktacle. I saw how much it hurt you, but i was always to scared to appologize. I saw this as my only opportunity to tell you im sorry."
Mammot couldn't bring himself to be mad anymore.
"I forgive you. But if you were to tell me this not long ago, i would have been mad."

"Im glad you forgive me. It was really hard to find a way to apologize. You don't mind if it sit here, do you?"

"Go ahead."
The monsters around the island began to stand up and sit around the trees for shade. It was peaceful, but the thought of death was the only thing that kept the happiness drowned out.