[Chapter Twenty-three] soon to be Haven

{6. Wubbox left the island, and Rare was waiting for him. Once they begin to near The second layer, Monculus comes up to them. Wubbox is unnerved by his echoey and childish voice, but shrugs it off. They come across light island, and many monsters gathered with Rare and talking about something. The go over, and Rare explains they were told that Fire Haven would be coming back to the clouds soon, and they needed volunteers to go in and check it out. Ghazt already volunteered and Mammot was soon to follow.}

Upon the ship, quite a few monsters stood, traveling to Light Island. Recently, the Fire Oasis had fixed up the Sky Ship, and renovated it for quicker travel, but the schedual of returning at night was still needed. The ship got closer to the clouds that connected the magical islands. Some of the monsters from the magical islands waited at the dock for them to land, Rare was not far.
Once the ship stopped, monsters began walking off, and Wubbox met up with Rare. Rare didn't speak, just turning around to lead him to Light Island.
"Wubbox." He heard a voice call, it's strange child-like sound threw him off. Turning, he saw Monocolus. He rarely spoke to them, but when he did, he always had something to say about his future. He was a strange armor monster, blue arms being the only thing holding him together.
"Yes?" He stopped.

"I know it's not my place to say, yet i always say it anyways, but you really need to change. Your keep holding onto things in the past, and you need to let go. Theres a new threat bound to appear, and you could be one of the saving grace. Don't throw this opportunity away because of your past. Embrace your new relationship as if you just met." The blue hand moved the jaw of the head as it spoke.

"Are you sure it's going to turn out that way?"

"Well, no matter what i say it will always turn out the way i see it, only difference is that you will know what i mean when the time comes, not that it will change the future. Telling you actually changes the future, in the way that you will recognize the situation usually after you already messed up, and changing your reaction to the information, not that it would stop the battle, but-"

"Um, i gotta go. Sorry that i cut you off like that, this is just really important."

"I completely understand. Go ahead." Wubbox turned back around, catching up with Rare, who did not wait for him, already on light island and speaking to other monsters on the island.
At least it wasn't dense, he could understand their conversation.
"How close it is?"

"Very. Im sure you could connect it right now even."

"Sure, but we should be ready. Kayna did say her sister was prone to going feral because of some illness, so we should get some kind of preparation if something does go down."

"Right, im sure we'll get something before that happens. But now, we'll need to get volunteers so we know if theres something we have to change about that preparation plan."

"I'll go, i don't have much to do." Ghazt raised his hand.

"I'll go to." Mammott joined in.

"Well that settles that. I'll get your things together, and we'll move as soon as possible." Flouress turned and walked off, leaving the others as she traveled back to the castle.
"Well, thats pretty much it. 'Guess we're heading back now."

"Aw man, i thought we were going to stay longer." Furcorn said sadly.

"Good, i didn't want you here." Rurcorn said.

"Your always so mean to me!" He said dramatically, turning around to run away.
The other monsters began to leave, back to the ship to go home.
Wubbox walled behind awkwardly, hesitating to ask. Finally, he gave in.
"Rare."

"Yes?" Rare turned back to him.

"You... you never told me where you were before the Great Dying. You just disappeared, and i think that affected a lot of my decisions then."
Rare's face turned immediately to irritated.
"It's not important."

"But it is. Your my brother, you can tell me anything. Where could you have gone?"

"It's not your business."

"But it is! Your as important to me as everyone else, if not more! Honestly, i won't be mad what your awnser is."

"Not. Your. Business."
Wubbox sighed. This would go no where, so he decided to stop. Rare turned back around, and walked away. Where could have Rare went to make him have that kind of reaction? It couldn't have been an island, because he would have just told Wubbox where.

To Be Continued...

————
Little note, if you want to know what happens on fire haven, the story continues here :

————Little note, if you want to know what happens on fire haven, the story continues here :