[Chapter Twenty-one] New cousin

The portal glew with a blue-green color, and once stepping inside, it was clearly different. Looking around, the island was much much larger than the other ones. It was purple, and looked like the head of a giant horned monster, and greeting them on the other side was a monster that looked very similar, but smaller than the island itself.
"Welcome." he said with a smile. It seemed he had horns, but also like a mask, leaving only his eyes exposed to the front. He, also, had six limbs, like Strombonin, four to walk, two to grab. His eyes were a bright crimson blue, white slit-puiples looking down to him.
"Hello! I like your eyes." Fire said with a smile.

"Thank you..? They're blue again, aren't they?"

"Yeah.."

"It happens sometimes, it randomly flickers on and off, usually at the worst time."

"Well, i think they're nice. Oh, im here to see Sanctum."

"Yes! He's over there. Uh, a bit tied up right now." He turned to his side, letting Fire see him. Currently, he was by a small pole stuck to the ground, around his collar piece, a thin strap held him to it, and he tried relentlessly to get it off, but his lack of hands made him struggle.
"What? Why is he tied up!" Fire asked, quickly walking over to him.

"He had a meltdown, and he became a danger to everyone else. This is the best way to contain him."

"No it's not! Tying him up like this only worsens it! untie him." Enchantling walks over, breaking the clasp. Sanctum shot up, diving into Fire's arms. He cried shakily.
"What made you think this was the most effective way to handle it?"

"It kept him back, and stopped him from hurting himself and others."

"Have you ever tried comforting him? He's clearly lacking in that sense! I can have him taken away from you if you think thats an alright way to treat a child."

"He's my kid, and i chose how to handle him. You have no voice in this!"

"I may not parent him, but i know how to treat a child! I was like him when i was younger, so i should know how to properly care for him."

"And what do you know that don't?"

"Well, first off, sound can be overwhelming to him, the islands can get pretty loud, which could make it worse. I suggesting finding a way to keep him away from the loud sound, and if keeping him inside all day doesn't sound ideal to you, maybe teach him a signal to get out of that situation before it gets bad. I had to learn it, why can't he? Also, maybe he should go out and visit the other islands, just to expose him to social situations earlier in age, so he won't have a panic attack trying to form a sentence. And, on the subject of forming sentences, you should teach him speaking skills, because we struggle with trying to talk with others, and teaching him them would help him greatly." Enchantling to a step back nervously. "You want me to keep going?" Fire asked.

"No no, thats enough... Im just not experienced in having a child, none of us are."

"Well, you seemed pretty defensive of treating your son like an tribal monster."

"You were threatening to take him away from me! Of course i would be defensive!"

"So, you admit your wrong."

"Yes! We didn't know what to do, how were we going to know how to handle that? But, at least you know." Enchantling said with sincerity, his eyes flashing blue for a moment, than back to normal. He seemed to feel it, tilting his head to the side for a second.

"I think i'll be here for a bit, and i'll teach you some ways." Fire declared. Enchantling nodded in agreement. Roarick then ran up to them, grabbing Sanctum's arm and running off with him.
"Bro, you have to come see this!" She said to him, her voice becoming quiet as they got further away. Fire turned to Enchanting with a cheeky look.

————

Im going to be absolutely clear right now. Enchantling is a young father, and not experienced in how to handle autistic children. I wanted to show Sanctum's home life as a special-needs kid, and how monsters are not well equipped to deal with it, but can learn to be helpful in a way to them.

If anyone gives me shit for something bad here, i'll add it to this bit of explanation.