[Chapter Twenty] Call of Home

(I did Water wubbox dirty. Heres a whole chapter dedicated to him for potential forgiveness!)

He looked off into the distance. The world seemed small, yet so big. It was mysterious, yet well known. The water that ran below crashed against the island in waves. Something called him to the water, like a fish's instinct to swim; imaging the water flowing by him effortlessly as he swam through it, cold, yet warm. But, the clouds were the barrier between him and the bliss below. Most of the monsters could not swim, and since the islands had fallen to the Ocean Below, it was very clear that the clouds had to be made to travel around effectively without the sky ship, which took a long time to travel from island to island. That's why they had brought Attmoz back. The only monsters that could swim were not large enough to transport monsters.
The water continued to splashed, urging him to jump in. it called his name. The only thing he could think about was feeling that water. But, if he did, there would be no way he could get back onto the clouds. He would have to take the risk, if it meant following his destiny.
"Water?" a voice broke the silence in his head. He turned, and blabbit stood by him, looking a bit concerned.
"I have to see the ocean."

"What? But you won't be able to get back on the clouds!"

"I know, but something is telling me I have to. If not coming home means going to the water, I'm willing to take it."

"Ok, sure, but are you even waterproof? You haven't swam before, you could drown!"

"I'll be fine. I wouldn't go in if I knew it wasn't safe. If you want to find a way to get me back up, be my guest. I'll be off now."
Blabbit didn't know what to say to stop him, as he stood up and walked to the entrance of the island. He was drawn to the sound of the crashing waves. He walked to the closest edge of the clouds, and took a look over the side. He didn't care about the fear and tranquility it brought. He got down, then quickly jumped off the side, air rushing past him as he fell down. He heard a yell, but it was quickly cut off by the crash of the water engulfing him. He opened his eyes after a moment, and he was astounded by the life that swam around him. Animals like fish, coral, anemones, and so much more radiated with life. Like eye candy, he just couldn't look away. He didn't need to breathe under the water, like he was built to be able to swim. He had fins on his arms, and he saw many fish that used them to swim faster. He felt connected with the life he had just found. It was vibrant, lively, and seemed to accept him like it's child. He smiled as he turned and looked at every bit of life around him, even the sand and rocks looked beautiful, though they had not on the surface. Looking down, he noticed the fins that adorned the back of his arms glew a nice, light spring green, shining along the life that swam near him. A long, dark critter glided near him, stoping to turn it's long head at stare at him. He moved his hand out to it, but it swam off before he could touch it. The other colorful critters that swam by him seemed dumbfounded at this stranger monster invading the waters.
He felt happy and at home. He loved it here, though the critters seemed uneasy, they would get used to him over time. Water smiled happily, he felt so comforted by this new feeling. He held his shoulders and hugged himself gayly. A piece of his missing core seemed filled, finally feeling completed.  If he could have cried from joy, he would have.
He was dragged from his trance as a gust of water entered his chest, swimming near his core. Here assume it was a fish, and suddenly, he saw what pushed the fish inside. A large, white bellied creature swam quickly to him, but luckily dashed beside him instead of grabbing him. Then, once the creature was out of sight, the critter that went to his chest swam out, it was a green fish that hand torn fins, probably being bullied by that larger one. It swam off after a quick moment.
He saw how the critter swam, it pulled it's fins forward, then brought it back to swim forwards. He had been sitting in nearly the same spot since he fell in. Maybe he should explore. He looked back at his arms. They were not the right shape to swim, they were round while the critter's were flat. He tried to use his hands to swim, but it bared no use.
But, he thought for a second. He hadn't used his back propeller before, and it seemed like the best tool to swim around quicker. Maybe Galvana had subconsciously given him it, so maybe in the future, he could swim.

(Later)
Then, strangely, he felt a wave of water from above him pushed him down. He looked up, and saw Air hovering above, clearly waiting for him. He must have came to find him, and noticed him from the glowing fins. He spun his propeller, and spun in the water to glide up to the surface. Air moved back one he broke the surface.
"Water, what in Galvana's name are you doing here?"

"I came home."

"This isn't home! It's an ocean! How are you not dead right now?"

"Im special. The water told me to come to it, and i did. Everything is so lively, and amazing! If only you guys could see."

"Sure. You have to come back up though! We're on our way to building a little contraption to try and get you back up, but it'll be a while. You think you'll be fine?"

"Yes. I'll keep watch." He dove back down into the water. He looked up and watched Air fly off, and seeing the contraption he was talking about. It seemed like a mini boat, it connected on Plant island and would move up. Without getting close, he could tell it was unstable, it would easily break to bits under him. He glided black into the water, deep into it's darkness. The depths did not scare him, only exploring his exploring nature.

————

He had swimmed for what felt like ages, the water didn't stop, as if it went on forever. He chose to swim west until he got home, or to another place. But, no island or any form of land came by. Now, after at least three days at sea, he was aching to go back home. Maybe, this was a bad decision. He shouldn't have done this. He would most certainly die out here now. He was growin tired, he wanted to just stop and land, but he knew in some part of his mind he would find something, something he could stop for.
Through the foggy ocean morning, something came into view. Squinting above the surface of the water, it seemed to be a stretch of land. He dove back under the water, quickly swimming through to the land. Once he climbed to the ground, he noticed how large the land was, stretching farther than he could see, as trees he'd never seen before began to line the island the farther it went. Finally overcome with exhaustion, he fell to the ground. Once the time came, he would get up, and explore further before attempting to go back home.