[Chapter Twenty-five] Play pretend

(I don't do enough POVs lmao)

-Thwok—>

"Thats why your long ass tongue sticks out your face hole!" Blipsqueak dissed. The crowed went wild in roars of shock and excitement. Us Wublins had gotten ourselves tied in a long roasting battle, many others roasting and dissing each other, even if they barely interacted.
"No your not gonna take that!" Dermit shook me as the crowd still yelled. Blipsqueak had gotten flamed up after i went after Fleechwurm, and began another long roasting session. I couldn't think of a witty comeback. How could i? Weather it was an accident or not, Blipsqueak had gone after one of my biggest insecurities about myself. The long, three-colored striped tongue that hung out lazily. At least I was able to use the pegs on my head to keep it somewhat back. I had no reason to feel bad about it, as Wubbox created me that way, but i was. No one even said anything about my tongue, and i only had been insecure about it a few weeks after my creation, and there was no significant memory i had to have influenced the insecurity.
I looked away to the ground next to me. I was defeated.
"Don't give up now!" Dermit told me.

"Keep encouraging him Dermit, and i'll be faster on your ass than Galvana did striking us down!"

"Nah, i ain't taking that!"

"Taking what? Your head out of your ass? You act like you were just born, barely finding a way to respond in a small talk conversation with snails. Like you live under a rock, damn."
The crowd went berserk. Blipsqueak crossed their arms smugly. Dermit decided to not push further, assuring me away from the circle of fire.
"Jerks." Dermit said.

"Mhm." I replied, a bit of a shaky voice. Dermit didn't need to look to know.
"Hey, its ok! It was a joke, he didn't mean to make you actually upset."

"But he still said it."

"He probably said it impulsively, to roast, you gotta find something to make fun of quickly. We can talk to him after it disperses, and we'll be on our way."

"Ok.." Dermit patted me on the back to comfort me, then suddenly, Wubbox's building door opened. Then, five monsters—looking similar to us five eldest Wublins—came out ahead of Wubbox.
Every Wublin stopped and looked, in awe of the new creations which had just appeared. Was that what Wubbox had been working on to keep them out of the building?
"Alright everyone," Wubbox called, "let me intoduce you to your new... cousins...? I- i don't know, family trees are weird. Anyways, we have Rooloo, Anemone, Autumn, Shelly, and Mantis."
He pointed to each one as he called their names.
Rooloo (said : row-low) was like me, but more vibrantly purple, four orange pegs adorned on the sides of his head, orange limbs with black nails, two cyan antlers shaped like horns, long fur covering his eyes, and most prominately, a green tongue with bumps.
Anemone was like Dwumrohl, but blue and green, long horn-like gills, bright blue limbs, and was much smaller than Dwumrohl was, which was very odd.
Autumn was like Poewk, but with red feathers along it's arms and back, curled claws, feathers on it's head that streched out like wings, a two part mask that seemed lazily put together, glowing eyes, and protection and bandages on it's limbs. Perhaps it was prone to injury.
Shelly was like Brump, but pink, orange, and yellow, pink furcorn stalks, a finned, wavy tail, dark red stripes on it's legs and back, and drips of skin hanging from it's chin.
Finally, Mantis was like Zynth, but green with blue fur at it's bum, shoulder, knee, head, and ankle, another eye, of which all three were cyan, six horns that fade from an orange base to purple point, blue spots freckling it's face and leg, and it's bum was a bright spring-greens
The Wublins began to get closer, even asking questions and talking with them. But i stayed behind. Oh, great. I looked away with a scowl. More Wublins? Didn't we have enough?
Now, he had a more eccentric and fun Wublin to replace me. Rooloo seemed happy, not caring about what he looked like. Why couldn't i be like that? Why couldn't i not care about what i looked like?
I guess it doesn't matter. If they wanted to replace me, so be it. That just means i have to find a way to leave so they can have a better life without me. Just as i thought about it, what if i made him leave instead? Rooloo was younger than me, i could easily fool him into believing what i told him. Too easy. But, i wouldn't strike now, obviously. I'd have to wait until they got comfortable, bring Rooloo out, and convince him to leave.

——

-No pov—>

The Wublins had let in the "rares" in with open arms. Poewk, Brump, Drwmhwol, and Zynth had taken good care of them, teaching them all they knew. The only one not doing that—quite obviously— was Thwok.
Thwok hated being near Rooloo, taking any opportunity to be away, but usually ending in him being forced to tolerate him as he endlessly asked questions. He was much more talkative, confident, outgoing, and inquisitive, something he never saw in himself, but seeing those in a monster that was basically his younger self, irritated him.
"Rooloo." Thwok turned to him, trying to mask his disgust with a blank face.

"Yes?" He turned to thwok, looking exited and alert.

"..let me tell you something. In private."

"Why?"

"Because the others can't hear it."

"Why?"

"Because its not their business."

"Why?"

"Ask me a better question."

"...why?" Thwok growled, taking Rooloo by the hand, and pullung him up to walk away from the small groups around them.
Rooloo struggled on his feet for a second, but was able to get his balance back quickly. They walked to the back of the kid's building. Rooloo felt confused and a bit concerned. What could be so important to need to be away from everyone else?
Thwok pushed Rooloo in front of himself.
"Ok, listen. You shouldn't be here."

"Wh-what?"

"..Nobody even wants you here! They're just acting nice to lure you into a false sense of security." Thwok finally snapped. Rooloo looked at him shocked.
"Really?"

"Yeah. But at least I have the decency to not lie to you."

"But, what about the other rares? Don't they have a problem with them as well?"

"Yes, but, your more important in this situation. I think it's best that you leave now before they hurt you. You should leave at night so they don't notice."

"Well, thank you for telling me. I'll definitely sponsor you some day."

"Yeah." Thwok rolled his eyes, turning around and walking away. Rooloo was sad, how had he not noticed them trying to take control of him? He must have been so oblivious. Maybe it was better that he could find a way to leave.

————

"Hey Rooloo." Blipsqueak said, opening the door to the rare's room. Mantis had just woken up, stretching his legs out far while laying his back on the ground.
"Rooloo?" Matis asked, his voice like a buzz-box.

"Yeah, where is he?"

"Gone. He left not far time away."

"W-what? When!"

"Don't know. He didn't why."

"Nothing?"

"Nope."
Blipsqueak then closed the door, rushing back out. Rushing out the entrance door, he saw Wubbox first. He quickly ran up to him.
"Dad! Have you seen Rooloo?"

"Isn't he in his room?"

"Thats what i thought too, but he wasn't! Mantis said he left in the night, and nobody had seen him since!"

"Fucking stars. Check the other rooms, and i'll check my place." Blipsqueak nodded, and they both went back to their building. Where could have Rooloo gone? If anywhere, it couldn't have been too far.