xisuma (two)

*

~ my love comes no strings attached ~

or, alternatively,

~ you open your hearts up so quickly, it scares me ~

*

TWs: Mentions of being thrown into space

(Sorry for the late chapter I thought it was Monday lol)

***

Previously:

The human finds the box and places it back up on top of the shelf. Etho's starting to think there's a chance of the human not seeing him until he looks right over at him. They stare at each other for a few seconds and Etho can't help but think this human is handsome. He has kind blue eyes and the prettiest smile.

"Uhm . . . who are you?" the handsome human asks, ending the silent staring.

Oh, right, Etho is an alien stowing away on a human spaceship that's probably illegally trading with aliens and he's just been caught.

He's so dead. 

---

"Are you going to answer me?" the human says, reminding Etho that he's just been asked a question and it would probably be helpful to answer it.

"I- uhhhh, Etho?" His response comes out as more of a question than he means for it to do.

The guy's eyes seem to soften a bit at his nervous stammering and he speaks lighter this time. "What are you doing here?" 

Etho finds himself taking a step backwards involuntarily. The human watches him with an understanding gaze that makes him want to hug him and cry into his shoulder. Etho's not a big crier, but there's something about this person that makes him want to break down completely. He has to steel himself before speaking to keep his voice from wavering.

"I just- if you're going to throw me out the airlock, get it over with."

"What? Why would I do that?" There's genuine shock in the guy's voice and Etho almost trusts it, but then he remembers he's been taught that humans are good liars and maybe there's a possibility that some of the propaganda is right, so instead he scoffs.

"I'm a stowaway."

"And?"

Etho stares at him, long and hard. "Stowaways aren't usually treated the kindest."

"We won't throw you off the ship unless you've done something bad, and I don't think you have."

"Thinking isn't knowing."

"I trust you."

Are humans always this willing to throw around such heavy words as 'trust' minutes after meeting someone? It seems foolish. If they're all like this, Etho isn't sure how they've lasted so long in this war.

"I don't know why you would." He considers adding more to this statement, but decides he doesn't feel like being overly social today.