gifts (seven)

*

~ i'd sell my own bones for sapphire stones, 'cause blue's your favorite color ~

*

TWs: None?? Again??? (don't worry they'll be some soon)

***

Etho,

I'm not sure if jewelry is really your thing, but I saw this bracelet at the market and it reminded me of you. I hope you like it! 

(if not, its okay! please dont worry about it ♡) 

-Beef

---

Etho peered behind himself one last time, making sure nobody had heard the main door loudly open. He should be in his bunker right now, fast asleep, but instead he was standing on a dock at the town's spaceport, about to head off to the marketplace. The closed marketplace.

Since he had no idea how to close the door from the outside, Etho decided to leave it open while he was gone and hope that nobody would notice. He should only be gone for an hour or two, depending on how long it took to find what he was looking for, so it would probably be fine. 

Walking around the spaceport was an eerie experience. It had been so busy and full of life earlier, but now everyone was asleep, so it almost felt as if the port was abandoned. Etho looked at the other docked spaceships as he passed them. There was such a wide selection of ships! Some were huge and would tower over the Hermit-Craft if they were side-by-side, and some were tiny, probably only big enough for the captain and one or two crew members. It seemed like the Hermit-Craft was a little on the small side for human ships, while it would be on the large side for alien ones. 

Etho reached one of the main doors of the fully-enclosed spaceport, so he stopped to put on his air-filtering mask before stepping into the harsh, unbreathable air of the planet Sol D23. The mask (which looked a lot like a gas mask, strangely enough), would filter all of the unbreathable air into oxygen. Of course, Etho could breath different gases besides oxygen that would be easier to filter from this toxic air, but the humans he was living with couldn't, and all of the masks were made for human needs only.

A wave of heat hit Etho as he opened the door. Sol D23 was a desert planet and tidally locked, so it was hot and sunny all of the time. Etho still wasn't sure how humans had been able to set up a settlement here. It seems like it should've been impossible. 

After about 15 minutes of traveling down a sandy and heavily-marked path, Etho arrived at the formerly buzzing marketplace. Now, since it was closed, it was just a field of wooden stalls. Each stall had some feature to make it stand out from the rest. Some had vibrantly painted signs, others had huge tarps over the top of them to protect from the sun and sand, and there were even a few on wheels so they could be transported wherever the people were congregating. 

Of course, as eye-catching as all the stalls were, Etho was only here for one. 

Unsurprisingly, the stall was tough to find. It was largely unremarkable and wedged between two other stalls with big, bright signs. He did manage to find it though, and that was all that mattered. 

Etho hated that he'd have to steal from this stall, but he had no other choice. The E-NOTES Xisuma had given him (and everyone else) shortly after arriving on the planet were already spent on some choice sweet treats. He did have some frostling currency, but it wouldn't be accepted at a human market.