revenge (twenty-one)

*

~ would you go running if you saw the real me? ~

*

TWs: war, death, lots of murder, mentions of blood

***

Across the vast battlefield from the Hermit-Craft, there was a ship. It was the largest alien vessel recorded at The Battle To End All Battles, owned by the wealthy Ezra Void. Aboard the spacecraft, entitled 'The Red Revenge', sat Ezra and two close friends, Xornoth Major and Helsknight. 

"So, what's the plan?" asked Hels, adjusting his helmet. He hated the hot, uncomfortable armor piece, but he was a human and his friends were not. Although Hels hated humans as much as his companions, they would surely kick him out if they found out the truth. 

Ezra, the leader of the group, sighed. He'd gone over this plan multiple times already, but his associates always seemed to forget it, even with how simple it was. "We kill humans and look for my brother."

"And then when we spot him, we notify you, right?" Xornoth jumped in eagerly, clearly proud to have remembered part of the plan. 

"Correct," Ezra said. "We'll each have a Techlink for easy communication. When one of us finds my brother, I'll go retrieve him, and both of you will come back here."

Hels nodded. "Got it. Can we go now?"

Ezra sighed again. How did he manage to get two idiots as his sidekicks? At least they were both just as eager to make humans suffer as Ezra was. "Yeah, let's go."

Xornoth and Hels ran out of the room, excited to wreak havoc on the battlefield. Ezra lagged behind, checking again to make sure everything was exactly how he wanted it. When he was satisfied, he left The Red Revenge as well, more than ready to finally put his plan into action. 

***

As much of idiots as his sidekicks were, they knew how to follow orders quickly. Ezra had only killed about 30 humans when Hels said that he'd spotted Xisuma. It took a little longer than expected for Hels to describe where he was, but after five infuriating minutes, Ezra was on his way to his brother's last known location while his associates headed back to The Red Revenge.

By the time Ezra got to where his brother had last been spotted by Hels, he was gone. A scan of his surroundings revealed that there was a big dirt mound of a hill nearby, so Ezra hiked up it for a better view of the battlefield. On the way, he killed some humans (the temptation was too strong to just leave them there). 

At the top of the mound, it was easy to see Xisuma in the distance, picking his way around bloody bodies like they'd give him some incurable disease if he touched them. Ezra huffed. Weak. He pulled out his holo-board, unfolded it, and hopped on. This would get him to his destination quickly. 

As predicted, in no time at all, Ezra was coming to a stop in front of his brother. "Hello, brother," he sneered, flipping the holo-board off the ground and into his hands. He hoped Xisuma was at least mildly intimidated by that. It was a trick that had taken years to perfect. 

Xisuma took a step back. "Why are you here?"

Ezra pressed forward. When X took another step backward, Ezra matched it with a step closer to him. "Oh, I don't know, maybe because I heard you'd be here with your disgusting little crew and wanted to get some revenge."