after you end

Hello!!!! I'm writing this about a month before publishing this (as opposed to the usual few days before publishing) because I'm super super excited to tell you what comes after this!! That comes a little later, though, as there's some other stuff I want to talk about before it.

First of all, I must extend a thank you to everyone who decided to click on this fanfic and read it, whether you only got through a chapter or the entire story. It means so so much to me that people enjoy reading these little (or big, this took 6 months to write lol) passion projects that I love so much and have spent so much time on. From the bottom of my heart, thank you SO MUCH I love you all /p

Aaaaaaaaaand I just realized I've never said where the idea for this came for (or I don't think I have anyway?? I have a bad memory), so I guess I'll tell you that now because I've REALLY wanted to this entire time and I keep forgetting lol:

So, a bit of background, I imagine up stories in my head A LOT. Oftentimes, they don't really go anywhere, but in this case, I imagined up two different versions of a space au and I made it to the very end of the 'story' both times, which is INCREDIBLY rare for me (I usually get bored after a day or two). This is very different from the stories I ran through in my brain, but it has some of the same fundamentals, namely an alien v. human conflict. I don't really remember version one that well, but I know version two also had alien!Etho.

But yeah, this is the end of space au (yes there are still outtakes after this but shh, let me have my moment lol). Thank you SO MUCH again for reading, you guys are AMAZING <3.

. . . Thatttttttttt being said, it's finally time to talk about my next project to be published!!! I'm sosososososo excited aaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Presenting: The Foxlore Collection!

The Foxlore Collection is a collection of eleven oneshots, each one representing a different song in The Crane Wives' Foxlore album.

Currently, two of the oneshots have been published: decaying flowers / scarlet poppies and Tell the Crows They Can Have Their Pound of Flesh. These were both written and published before I decided to create The Foxlore Collection, and were the reason I thought of it in the first place (I thought it was interesting that both of the non-DSMP oneshots I'd written in that moment were Foxlore songfics).

Here is the list of songs and associated oneshots:

Nothing At All - Nothing

I Talk In My Sleep - The Moon

Down the River - Down The River

Ribs - The Lives (And Deaths) of Cleo

Can't Go Back - All Things End; All Things Change

Curses - decaying flowers / scarlet poppies

Turn Out The Lights - Intermission

Pretty Little Things - I Cut Straight To The Heart

Know How - Cold, Sleepless Nights

Not The Ghost - there's monsters in the deep, my dear

The Garden - Tell the Crows They Can Have Their Pound of Flesh

Each of the oneshots will be published in the order they were written.

I had SO SO SO much fun writing these fics, and I'm SO SO SO proud of them, and I really hope that you guys enjoy them as much as I do!

Also yes I know this will make my profile really messy, which is why I introduce to you: my reading lists! I'll have a special one dedicated to making sure all the Foxlore fics are in order of when they were published (aka the first ones in this list will be the first ones I published). I'm hoping that'll help organize things a little at least.

The first oneshot to be published will be The Moon, coming April 2nd! Have a great day, and I hope to see you there!

-Blu