love (nine)

*

~ call me lover, 'cause i'm guilty of loving ~

*

TWs: swearing, a panic attack

***

Etho,

Hey, I saw you were admiring the lavender plants in the greenhouse yesterday, so I got permission from Bdubs to give you some lavender. Come find me and I'll give you a vase for it (cause i can't slip a vase under your door. slipping the flower under without damaging it was hard enough probably)

I hope you like it! 

-Beef

---

Etho,

Your lavender is dying and you seem pretty sad because of it, so here's some springgrass to replace it. Bdubs said it'll bloom in a couple days, so keep a close eye on it! Wouldn't want to miss the bloom :))

-Beef

---

Etho,

Have a sunflower to brighten up your day :D

-Beef

---

Etho, 

Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday yesterday? I heard from Ren, who heard from Grian, who heard from Scar, who heard from Bdubs, who apparently heard from you. Here's a late birthday gift of lochweed. 

-Beef

---

Etho,

You asked me why I keep sending you flowers and I shrugged and said, "I don't know." I feel bad for lying, so here's the actual reason, along with a pink carnation. 

You're special Etho, and sometimes I don't think you remember that. Yeah, we all remind you every once in a while, but I want you to still remember while you're alone in your room. That's why I've been giving you a steady supply of different plants and flowers, and I plan to keep doing so for as long as you want me to. 

You're a part of the Hermit-Craft family now. We love you, Etho.

I love you.

-Beef

P.S. According to Bdubs, the carnation stands for fascination, distinction, and love :-)

---

Of course, all it took was one letter from Beef to throw Etho into a crisis. 

"I love you"? What even was that supposed to mean? And then followed up by the flower meaning? What was Beef trying to do, hint that he loved Etho?

. . . What if he was?

Etho sighed, burying his head in his hands. Everything was too much to think about, yet he couldn't stop thinking. Questions spun around his head like the mobile above his bed when he was young. The difference was that the mobile helped him get to sleep, while the questions kept him up.