Chapter 2

"What are you trying to say," Steph asked, confused, pulling the duvet covering her body with her as she struggled to get out of bed.

Alex was just as confused as she was. He was handing out a cheque of 10000 and she wasn't collecting it.

"I am just paying you, what kind of question is this?"

"What do you think I am?" Steph said already so frustrated and angry.

She picked her dress from the chair, her shoe with the other hand and stomped out of the bedroom.

Alex watched with confusion as she left. Steph picked up her phone to check what time it was and realized that she had a lot of messages from Mia  and also that she was late for work.

She hurriedly got dressed and stomped out of the apartment.

She called for a cab and hoped that she wouldn't be late to work on her first day after the promotion.

Alex couldn't think too much of what had just happened, he had several interviews scheduled for the day on the opening of a new branch and the partnership with Dawn's. He was excited and just hoped the day went by smoothly.

Steph got to the office just in time. Stephanie walked towards Ella's table.

"Is Helene around yet?" Steph asked.

"No, she isn't."

"But she told me to show you something when you resumes for the day," Ella said, standing from where she was sitting.

Steph followed Ella behind and then they stopped by an office space.

"She said you will be using this now," Ella said with a smile.

Steph got into the office, scanning around it with her eyes, she smiled. She had always wanted her own office space, where she wouldn't need to work with everyone.

"This is pretty big," Steph said.

"You're our assistant manager now, you deserve it," Ella said with a smile.

"Thanks, Ella."

"I should go back to work now," Ella said.

Stephanie sat down on her chair and spins around happy on the office chair. She was beyond excited. It was all becoming too good to be true.

Even though she had that little voice in her head, consistently telling her not to be too comfortable because it could all go away any minute, she decided to block it out and just enjoy the moment.

Alex was about starting his interview with Forbes. He remembered when he was young and watched his dad having all the interviews, he hoped he would be in the chair one day answering in his questions and here he was.

"And how will you describe yourself," The interviewer asked.

"Determined, focused and getting it," Alex said with a smile.

"That would be all," The interviewer said.

"Thanks a lot for having us," He added before standing to leave.

"Your interview was amazing," His mum said, sitting in the chair.

He loved his mum being at all his interview, they were closer now than they used to, be especially after his dad passed away.

Steph packed up at work once it was 7pm. She had a dinner to get back to at home and she had explaining to do about where she had been since the last 24hours.

People wondered why she still lived at home, at 23 years of age but she really never had an answer for the questions. Was she scared? Was she unprepared? Did she just like being at home?.