20

I am really glad that you and Alex are getting along fine," Lucy said, looking up from what she was knitting to look at Steph.

Steph smiled

"He is quiet good with conversations, didn't know he talked that much. The most I have had with him was the conversation at the dinning the other day."

"I told you he was. You only had to get to know him."

"Yeah, you were right."

"How do you do it?" Lucy asked and Steph turned to look at her, wondering what she was talking about.

"Do what?"

"Allow him go for all these dates."

Steph laughed wondering what Lucy was talking about.

"We have our separate lives to live here. You know that."

"I saw how enthusiastic you were with him yesterday. It seemed more than just a conversation with an housemate."

"It's just one conversation. Don't start thinking too much about it."

Lucy smiled.

"I have experienced so much and seen so many people fall in love. You know what the best kind of love is?" Lucy asked.

"The one that grew overtime because you get to see every part of the person and still choose to be with them regardless."

"This isn't anything like that," Steph said.

"We are just housemates," she added.

"If that's what you say."

"That's what I know," Steph said.

"I don't think I have such feelings towards him and he also definitely doesn't have such towards me. We like different people."

"You do but then you found each other on a bed a couple months ago."

"I keep telling everyone, it was just a mistake."

"Do you think if you had met him in a neutral place outside, you wouldn't have wanted him the same?"

Steph smiled.

"I don't know the answer to that."

Lucy smiled. "You might not know yet just how deeply you feel, but some day you will realize I was right."

Steph smiled

"I don't think it works that way though."

Lucy smiled back. "That's what they always say."

Steph knew what Lucy was up to but to her, it wasn't going to work.

She felt the only relationship she had with Alex was a platonic one and that wasn't going to change.

"I know what you're trying to do?" Steph said with a smile.

"What?" Lucy asked.

"Trying to set both of us up to like each other," Steph explained.

Lucy smiled.

"I just think both of you will look well together. I mean, you compliment each other and I think you're the best person for him."

"Alex doesn't have so many people around him. Just his mum and maybe his friend Frank. I know you can make him a better person and that's all I want."

"We signed a contract already, Lucy. I also don't think Alex wants anything like that."

"You never can tell."

"We are two different people, that I know."

"Two different people who compliment each other. I don't want to watch you go after the baby is here. That baby deserve two parents who live together and love each other."