CHAPTER 9- QUIT

Rachel answered the intercom.

"Miss Daniels you are needed in my office this minute"

"Yes Sir, I'll be there," Rachel picked up the files that she assumed he would want, she didn't like going to his office and would avoid any reason to make her go there consistently.

Rachel knocked before she came in. Rayham was sitting behind his big oak desk looking at some papers. Once he noticed her, he smiled, abandoning everything and focusing on her

"There you are angel, come take a sit" he coaxed making Rachel reluctantly sat down opposite the man who creeped her out.

"Sir, here are the files containing the contract between Kings Empire and Fierce Industries. The contract confidentials are in the-"

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me sir. Call me Ray" He said smiling with his partially colored teeth that could make her barf

Rachel took a deep breath "Okay Ray"

"That's better. So, you were saying"

"Yes, the contract confidentials are complete as you requested and there are some places that will need your signature before it is sent to the Fierce Industries and also-"

"All these can wait angel," Rayham said closing the file Rachel held. He walked around his table to where Rachel sat and then leaned on the edge of the table before placing a hand on her shoulder.

"You know, you are a very pretty girl," he said softly as he slowly traced his fingers from her shoulders down to her arm. Rachel gently put his hand away and smiled at him.

"Thank you Rayham"

" I can double your pay sweetheart"

"I'm very okay with what I'm paid sir," she said still with her smile and stood up "I assume we are done here sir. I'll be taking my leave now she took a step to leave but Rayham was already on his feet and held her arm.

"I told you not to call me sir" he said firmly

"I prefer to maintain formality sir"

Rayham smiled at her as he began caressing her bare arm, she had always been a woman of little patience and his hand on her arm was beginning to make her skin crawl, she shoved his arm away roughly.

"I would prefer you stop pretending to be so naïve," he said, his soft charade suddenly replaced with anger for a moment before recovering himself, "sweetheart I'll take care of you, I can give you anything, double your pay, buy anything-"

She had met a lot of scoundrels in her life but none like Rayham, "You have a beautiful wife, you have a family. Why are you behaving like this! For God's sake, you are old enough to be my father so behave your age. Look, if you don't leave me this moment I'll make a scene"

Rayham looked at her in disbelief for a moment before he began to laugh, he laughed so hard that his face became red as tomatoes.

"And who do you think they will believe? You or the boss? I don't know why you are behaving like you don't do these things"

Rachel gaped at him in disbelief. He took a step towards her but she held out an arm signaling him to stop which he did.

"Just agree and enjoy your life" he said casually like she was expected to behave like a slut naturally

"Trust me Rayham, if your other secretaries did then you got a different one this time. I'm not going to agree to your filthy demands" Rachel said and began to leave.

"Once you leave that door without agreeing, you are fired"

Rachel halted in her tracks, she turned around and saw him with a triumphant smile on his face.