CHAPTER 16- KISS

■A/N■

All places mentioned in this chapter should please not be taken personally as they are all written to be fictional and are all in cordial respect to the actual places. For any misinformation or any form of unintended disrespect to one's belief or point of view, the writer apologizes in advance.

The sun smiled down happily on earth and the dancing waters were beautiful and blue, sounds of childrens laughter filled the air and the salty wind caressed the waves.

A little girl of about nine years old with jet black hair runs on her feet on the sand living little footsteps in her wake. She stops and laughs and begins to run faster.

"Run faster, come catch me" she giggles and continues to run. Suddenly she disappears and so does the smiling sun, the water becomes dark and looks wicked.

"Help me! I'm going to drown". Someone runs in the direction of the screams but the more they run, the further the water goes taking her as well. The little helpless girl begins to get swallowed up but she keeps stretching her hand. Hoping.

"Help, run faster, help me!"

Jamal jolted up from his bed breathing heavily and sweating profusely. This couldn't be happening again, it stopped so many years ago. Jamal rubbed his temples, he had an instant headache from the nightmare. Painful memories were creeping into his head again.

After taking some painkillers, he laid back on his bed. He struggled to keep his eyes shut but the fear of having another nightmare wouldnt let him. He began to think about the little things that made him happy until he began to see a pretty face with brown eyes smiling down at him. The only thing that makes him happy.

~~~~~~~~

Rachel woke up to the smell of pancakes and coffee, she wondered who Jamal had employed this time to make breakfast, the guy sometimes liked to waste his money. She wanted to go check who he brought in but she decided otherwise, she looked like a mess and Jamal could be there since she now knew he wasn't the one to sleep in. She took a shower before going to check on whoever made the place smell so good and her mouth water. She went to the kitchen and was surprised at what she saw.

More like who she saw.

Jamal's back was to her as he set the plates on the table before going back to check on the pancakes.

He could cook?

Rachel's gaze moved from the food to shirtless Jamal. She watched his back muscles move as he worked. She must have made a noise because Jamal turned to look at her making her let out a little gasp when their eyes met, for some reason nowadays, his gaze and stares were hard to handle. Rachel looked him over, he looked beautiful even with his morning ruffled hair and his usual amazing body and tattoos, she could never grow tired of seeing throughout her lifetime.

He defined male glory just by waking up like this in the morning.

"I'm the one meant to be frightened since I didn't hear you come in but you looked frightened instead" Jamal gestured for her to come in, he watched her look him over before averting her gaze.

Jamal grinned "does this bother you scarlet? I can go put a shirt on" he thought she would have woken up earlier and he would put on a shirt before he does but her reaction made him glad he didnt.

Rachel glared at him, "Nothing bothers me okay? I don't care so do whatever you want"

why put a shirt on when she could watch him all day. She could be shameless at least for today.

"Oh really?" He teased

"Yes really so stop questioning me "

"If you say so then have a seat, I made breakfast"