CHAPTER 4.1

"Ona! I'm so happy " Kachi squealed. This has been the happiest Ona has seen Kachi since the death of their parents and that made Ona happy too.

"Does this mean we will soon leave this place?" Kachi asked happily.

"Shhh aunty is around " Ona hushed her

Kachi quickly covered her mouth,

"Yes, we will be leaving by the middle of August " Ona informed,

Kachi pouted in disappointment, "This is the beginning of June. That's so far away "

"Yes, but we will leave eventually, besides we have a lot of things to do before then but right now the first thing to do is to tell Ifunanya, she deserves an explanation "

Ifunanya looked utterly confused as she sat opposite the sisters looking utterly confused and bothered with the awkward atmosphere

"Okay I'm getting scared, we've been here for like five minutes staring at each other and no one is talking so can someone tell me what's wrong? "

Ona took a deep breath before she began, "Ifunanya you know you have been the only one supporting us since the beginning and you have taken care of us like your sisters-"

"You both are my sisters," Ifunanya said cutting her off.

"Ifunanya relax let me finish" Ona continued, "Ifunanya I really respect you and I'm truly sorry-"

"Sorry for what?" Ifunanya cut in again.

"Please let me finish Ify, you are making it harder for me" Ona took in another deep breath and began to explain all that had been going on for the past three months, She told her about how she planned for the scholarship and prepared for it.

"...So, I plan to abscond from here with my sister, where I would apply for permanent residency and get a job and start a new life there"

Ifunanya looked so dumbfounded, she had never heard of such a crazy plan but what really surprised her was how far she had gone in it.

"And you are just telling me now?" Ifunanya asked, she sounded really hurt

"It's not the way you think, " Ona held Ifunanya's hand. "I didn't want to burden you and I didn't know it will actually go this smoothly. I'm sorry, I know you feel like I don't trust you but I really do, I only didn't tell you because I felt it was going to be a burden "

"It's okay but really how did this plan of yours go this far" Ifunanya asked, she was genuinely interested on how such an absurd idea had gone this far besides There was no way she could be mad at two sisters who were trying their hard to survive

Ona was happy that Ifunanya was very understanding, she would hate for them to have had issues regarding it

"So, what do you need my help for?" Ifunanya asked genuinely.

Ona smiled at her, "I need you to steal"

Ifunanya looked surprised "Steal?"

"Yes, I need you to steal documents; birth certificates, parent's birth certificates as well, passports and any other thing you think is important "

"That's quite a lot, I don't even know where all these things are "

"I know where they are" Ona replied proudly. "They are kept in the topmost drawer by the left of the wardrobe of your dad's room, they were never removed from where my dad kept them she explained

"Wow, you've really had your plans worked out " Ifunanya teased "I'll try my best to get the documents but I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I don't know when or how much access I'll have "