CHAPTER 36- FORGIVE

The sun smiled down at her as soon as Rachel stepped out of the plane. She smiled as she inhaled the familiar scent of home, nothing beats the scorching heat of the Nigerian sun when her ulterior motive is to make sure every living being under her acknowledges her presence.

"What the bloody hell is going on?"

Rachel snapped out of her thoughts as she turned to see Camilla taking of her sweat shirt leaving her with only her tank top on.

"I did warn you to dress as lightly as possible"

"Yeah but I did not expect you to be this serious and by this time of the year? isn't it meant to be a little more chill? It's  early December Jesus"

"Welcome to Nigeria sweetheart, things work a lot differently here. I hope you four put some sunscreen on because if you are complaining now, I wonder how you will for the rest of our stay here"

"What's that meant to mean?" Andy asked in mock hurt, "that we Americans can't handle this?"

"No offense but that's what I meant" Rachel patted her shoulder before walking to meet her sister.

"Everything still looks the same since we left" Nicole said absentmindedly.

"Yes it actually does" Rachel replied.

The Murtala Muhammed International Airport was filled up with people, families saying goodbye to their loved ones, families welcoming their loved ones, parents sending their children abroad, business people and lots more. Rachel remembered the last time her and Nicole were here, at that time they were running away from an abusive home. It surprised her that the thought didn't frighten or affect her as much anymore. Maybe it was because she had gone a long way since she left or she had just gotten used to the pain.

"Are you ready or should we go back?" Rachel asked "it's Jamal's jet so it's very possible" she joked earning a little laugh from her sister.

"I'm not scared in any way. I'm just mesmerised besides I want to see how nana reacts when she sees us" Nicole smiled.

After the sisters decided to return back to their country. Jamal helped them track down where their nana was. They hadn't informed her they were coming since it would have been easier to convince her they were really them than through the phone.

Jamal and Aunt chi chi came back from wherever they went and directed them to the customs reserved for private jets. Rachel was really enjoying the whole stress-free advantages of using a private jet; perks of getting married to a billionaire.

A Klassen Mercedes-Benz sprinter was waiting for them. The others were impressed with Jamals choice and quickly hopped in to get a seat.

"Jamal you could have rented a normal car" Rachel let out a laugh. "You could have saved quite an amount"

"Baby you of all people should know I don't rent things when I can buy them" he said before placing a kiss on a surprised Rachel's cheek.

"You did not..." Rachel trailed off. There was no way he bought a van just for–

"Oh yes I did" a sly smile played on his lips, "besides I have to impress my future in-laws as much as I can, starting from her" he gestured towards auntie chi chi who sat beside Nicole in the front row chatting with her, Nicole had begun to familiarise with her so they were always together and that made Rachel happy but back to the matter...

"That's really sweet of you to try to impress my family but still-"

"Shhh" he placed a finger to her lips, "I am a billionaire, I have to spend like one"