CHAPTER 32.1

"I'm honestly beginning to think you stalk Nicole's schedule because I don't know how you always arrive whenever she's not around" Rachel sighed as she leaned into his embrace.

Jamal hugged her tighter from behind before placing a kiss on the hollow of her neck,"The universe just wants me to be here at the right time" was his witty reply.

They were only twenty minutes into their alone time when the doorbell rang

Rachel wasn't expecting anybody so she quickly told Jamal to wait while she went to check.

It was Alfred and Alberta.

With their new baby.

Surprise! Alberta squealed

The couple had been in Michigan since the birth of their daughter where they stayed with Alberta's parents so Rachel hadn't seen them since when Alberta was pregnant.

Rachel gently took the pretty baby girl from Alberta's arms, "Oh my God, she's so beautiful" Rachel cooed at the child in her arms.

"It turns out you were correct" Alfred said to her

"I told you so, my instincts are always right. O my God, I know mums hate hearing this but she looks like Alfred, like literal copy and paste" Rachel said earning a hearty laugh from Alfred.

"I'm finally coming to acceptance of that, nine months in my belly and she comes into the world looking exactly like him. The only thing we have in common is being blonde" Alberta sighed.

"Forgive my manners today, but she's so pretty I can't take my eyes of her for a second" Rachel said earning a laugh from the couple

"When did you guys arrive back here" Rachel asked still not sparing the couple a glance as she cooed to the little girl who seemed fascinated with her braids as she clutched to one of it.

"Three days ago," Alberta said as she slumped on one of the couches. "And how have you been?" She asked.

"I'm fine"

"How's your Jamal?" Alberta quirked her brows at her with a sly smile on her lips. Rachel rolled her eyes at her, Alberta had already made up her mind to tease her about Jamal especially since she was on the receiving ends to her rookie days of complaints Rachel always had about him.

Speaking of Jamal, where was he

"I still can't believe you are dating him, after all the things you said about him" Alberta chuckled.

"Even I can't believe" Alfred chimed in, "When you said he was grumpy"

"Or when you said he irritated you to the point you felt like throwing up" Alberta added.

Jamal, was in the house she had to stop them

"You guys-"

"Oh, remember that time, she said his personality was so ugly, his pretty face wouldn't even be able to serve as compensation" Alberta added.

Jesus Christ

"Hello" Jamal finally graced them with his presence startling the couple.

She hoped he didn't hear anything

"Oh my God, Rachel you didn't tell us your boyfriend was here"

Rachel opened her mouth to explain but decided not, there was no point.

Jamal went to shake hands with Alfred and Alberta and congratulating them on the arrival of their baby.

"It appears she forgot since she saw the baby" Rachel could sense his begrudged tone even though he tried to suppress it with formality.