CHAPTER 11- GRUMPY

A year passed by quickly and Rachel had finally adapted to her new workplace including the constant workload and an ever-constant grumpy boss, the nice and the good people, and the workload of doing two jobs at the same time.

After that first day, Rachel never saw Jamal smile again but even with his cold stares and business demeanor, he always enjoyed getting on her nerves, it was either he was complaining about the coffee like she hadn't worked in a coffee shop for years or making her go from floor to floor for numerous irrelevant reasons or it was making her rewrite his schedules more than she could count in a day.

Rachel never understood why he kept a straight face or was so strict but she didn't like it at all so she nicknamed him "Mr. Grumpy", she thought the name suited him well since he was always frowning and brooding over nothing, and besides if he could call her a name that she didn't understand why he did, she could do the same –but she never called him that in front of his face, she might hate him but she preferred to keep her job; it paid really well.

Jamal, even though she hated him, was good at his job as CEO, it was plain facts. Starting his career at the ripe age of twenty when people his age portrayed youth with living free and wild. He began building the foundation of his company at the same time studying for a degree in Data science.

His hard work paid off as Fierce Industries blossomed rapidly with a promising future and reputation. Years later and within a short span of time, Fierce Industries had made its name with its impeccable designs and quality in gadgets and everything it produced in the technology sector from smartphones and household appliances to cloud computing, e-commerce and digital streaming becoming one of the fastest growing companies in history and because of his fruitful outcomes in New York, many tech companies were moving here to have the same outcome he did.

Officially a billionaire seven years later into the game and doubling his fortune a short period after that, his success story is one that still captivates people every day.

Some people believed the reason to his success was because he sold his soul to the devil but Rachel highly doubted that, Jamal seemed like someone who made fun of the devil for choosing to live beneath people's feet.

Till date, Jamal still provided most of his designs and updates, his intellectual mindset being one of his greatest instrument to whom he has become today and in another ten years according to business minds will be dominating the world.

Rachel might not like his attitude and stuffed up ego but his business mindset was very appealing.

"This is the performance management report and time off report, you asked for" Isabella dropped the files on Rachel's desk.

Isabella worked in the human resource department alongside Rachel, she was a blonde girl with a pretty face who had a major crush on Jamal which was a nicer way of saying she had an unhealthy obsession with him, she was always trying too hard to get Jamal's attention and had this delusional mindset that they both might have an office out of the novel kind of romance which was kind of sad because as far as Rachel knew Jamal, he didn't even know she existed talk less of her name.

Sometimes it became extremely irritating the way she behaved whenever she saw Jamal, she always hovered around Rachel asking her the most useless of questions that made Rachel to begin to curse in her language sometimes, she didn't even know why it bothered her so much maybe it was because Jamal wasn't even boyfriend material talk less of romantic of any sort.

Of all days Rachel expected Isabella not to want to go to Jamal's office, it was definitely not today, she really had a lot to do today and expected Isabella to use this as her normal excuse to see the boss.