CHAPTER 16.1

"What?" Rachel asked Jamal who had been staring at her for while.

"You did great back there"

"What'd I do?"

"The meeting, you were practically in charge"

Rachel smiled. After her long speech, Caxton apologized for the stress Jamal had to go through and promised to get back to him as soon as possible.

"I was doing my job," Rachel said casually trying to shake off the fact it was the first time he had genuinely complimented her.

"Your job? I thought you actually meant what you said"

"I did mean it, you are a diligent worker and business tycoon, and every area of your business youve laid your hands on has never gone down. You know your priority, you use your brain effectively- even though its not all the time because outside business you know...." Rachel laughed.

"Very funny Scarlet". Jamal commended dryly as Rachel just continued to laugh.

"Can I ask you something?" Rachel asked.

"And when did start asking before you start blabbering" he teased

"Very funny Jamal. Anyways I just wanted to know why you are so keen to get this restaurant. If you wanted to start a restaurant, you could have easily started in America"

"You are nosy and a talkative" Jamal simply said.

"I know so tell me"

"You wouldn't give up, will you?" Jamal looked at her blankly.

"Not at all, trust me on that one"

Jamal let out a breath "Harvey star is an age-long restaurant, its been running even before I was born. My family and I used to go to the one in Americaa alot when I was little so when I heard they were selling it off because it was losing its popularity and perks to bringing profits I decided to buy it"

Rachel imagined a young Jamal; with black hair and hazel eyes, sitting in front of a table with his legs swinging happily because they can't reach the ground as he waited for his food. Rachel smiled.

"So, you are being sentimental, that's cute" Rachel teased

"I'm not being sentimental, shut up" Jamal quickly defended making Rachel chuckle.

The rest of the ride was quiet and peaceful and Jamal found himself watching Rachel as she looked outside the window, totally engrossed with the view before her.

~~~~~~~~

"God, you are such an amazing cook, Rachel said for the thirtieth time as she took another bite of the Scotch eggs.

"I know" Jamal replied proudly.

It was the middle of the afternoon and Jamal decided to keep himself busy. He hadn't received any calls from Harvey star for the past one week and he was clearly bothered even though he tried to hide it.

"Jamal?"

He stopped cleaning the counter and looked at her.

"You'll get Harvey star, I have faith in your skills. And my speech as well" she added trying to lighten up his mood. It worked a little since his eyes brightened a bit.

"Let's go for a tour," Jamal said suddenly.

Rachel looked at him confused "a tour?"

"Yeah a tour, I've noticed you are always looking around so since our purpose in London is on hold and we have nothing to do, a tour around will be a good thing"