CHAPTER 33.1

The girls driving Rachel crazy was an understatement, she wanted something and they wanted the most sophisticated version of whatever she wanted for herself.

When it was time for her nails it was intense. Rachel went for this, They made her get another

It wasn't bad but they wouldn't just let her have a mind of her own.

When it came to her dress, she shut them all up

"It's my boyfriend's birthday party not my wedding, I need all of you to chill and let me get things myself, just let me find what's comfortable for myself to at least wear and then you all can fuss over the shoes"

They let her even though they added their opinions once in a while, which helped; A little. At the end, they all came to an agreement and when they were done dressing her up for the evening, Rachel left all their jaws dropped.

"Jesus what I'll do to have your body, damn girl" Andy complimented her. The girls spent all their time getting her ready that they weren't even able to be ready themselves, suddenly there was change of plans and the birthday boy was the one picking her up.

"We will be there in no time don't worry" Ava assured.

As if on cue, the doorbell rang and Nicole went to get it.

"Hey birthday boy" Nicole ushered him in

Rachel stepped in and Jamal lost his voice.

Jesus Christ. Talk about goddess of beauty

"Scarlet-"

"Jamal you are pale again even paler than I saw you this morning"

She held his face in her hands.

"I'm fine really" he placed a kiss on her temple.

"Okay love birds that's enough. Birthday boy take your woman away, we will join you shortly" Camilla teased them.

They left soon after. Rachel intertwined their hands as he drove,

"Are you sure you are okay" Rachel asked in genuine concern.

"I'm fine, it's probably the weather, birthday flu or something but I assure you I'm fine or maybe it's because you look stunning, so beautiful you took my breath away" he smiled.

Rachel laughed a little "looks like the works of my friends and our sisters paid off"

When they got to the Leones house, it was all calm and quiet like they were the only people present,

"Where's everyone?" Rachel looked around. No one was in sight even his parents weren't present.

"My mum said something about the cake and Carl must have followed her. My dad went to handle some quick business" Jamal explained pulling her closer "so it's just you and me" he smiled.

He took her to the garden. Soft music already playing at the background from God knows where but it gave the atmosphere a lovesome vibe. Yes, the whole Leones were into flowers and the garden was where the party was taking place.

"I believe I owe you three dances?" Jamal held his hand out to her. Rachel was surprised he remembered.

"I can't believe you remembered?" Rachel chuckled a bit as she took his hand.

"Why wouldn't I remember I spent $300,000 just to win you that day" he replied as he began to sway them to the music

"And then there was that Alex girl, she annoyed me so much that day" Rachel frowned.

"Do I sense jealousy?" Jamal teased.

Rachel rolled her eyes and scoffed, "As if, at the end you are mine so she's not my problem"