CHAPTER 30- CONFESSIONS

Rachel woke up to the bright sunlight hurting her eyes, she tried to sit up from her lying position but that didn't go well. As soon as she made a move, her whole body declined and her vision began to sway together with the terrible ringing in her ears and the instant terrible migraine and her body hurting everywhere.

Rachel groaned in pain and Nicole quickly was beside her.

"Ona!!!" Nicole exclaimed.

Rachel groaned as her ears began to ring more from her sister's high-pitched voice.

"Kachi, please tone it down" Rachel said, her voice was barely audible as her throat and mouth felt stiff and dry.

"Don't move, I'll go and get the doctor" Nicole said

"Before you go, can you get me water?"

Nicole quickly did as her sister said before going to look for the doctor

Soon she came back with a female doctor and two female nurses. The beautiful ebony skinned nurse probably in her thirties was accompanied with a blonde younger woman and another ebony skinned.

The doctor flashed her a smile as she approached her.

"Hello Rachel, Im doctor Tara your doctor, how are you feeling?" The doctor asked.

"Not too good" she groaned.

"That's normal, you will get back on your feet as time goes on" the doctor assured.

"How long have I been asleep because I feel I've been here for a decade" Rachel asked.

The doctor and her team chuckled, "Don't worry, you've only been out for about twelve hours"

Rachel didn't know If it was her the chaos going on in her brain but she was noticing something.

That accent.

The assisting nurses adjusted her bed to a sitting position and the doctor asked her different questions, how she was feeling and if anything felt generally off about herself and Rachel answered.

Her heartbeat, blood pressure, eyes and every other thing was checked to make sure she was fine.

"The ringing in your ears, will stop in a very short while and your migraine will become mild as time goes on. You need rest, lots and lots of it because as you can see you are bruised up and luckily, whoever shot you missed so the bullet barely grazed you.

And also because of your concussion, do not stress yourself at all, you have a lot of recovering to do but you are far better a great deal than last night when you were rushed here from what I see, I'm even quite surprised you remember the accident so that's a great effort on your recovery and from what I'm seeing you will be discharged sooner than anticipated" the doctor concluded still maintaining her smile.

The doctor and her crew were about to leave when Rachel stopped her.

"What about the others? The ones that were also involved in this whole accident" she asked.

"Don't worry about them. I'm not in charge of them but I know that Mr Wayne's gun shot injury wasn't as serious as it looked and his surgery was successful. He woke up this morning"

"So he was the one shot not Ava?"

The doctor nodded in response.

"Ava is very fine and healthy, she always had been, she did lose consciousness due to shock but she's very okay and has a mere head injury which is nothing to be worried about" the doctor informed.

Rachel let out a sigh of relief, she really wanted to ask her about what she was noticing.

"Yes, I am from Nigeria" the doctor suddenly said like she read her mind, "I know you've wanted to ask that"