CHAPTER 26.1

"I'm really loving your new place Rae" Camilla sighed as she sat down in one of the sofas "everything is so surreal, damn youre lucky girl, a cool house and a boyfriend. You are way above us now" she teased.

"Come on" Rachel nudged her as she took a seat beside her, "I'm still the goody too shoes girl who worked with you in your aunt's cafe for years"

Rachel's words made Camilla laugh and Rachel joined her.

"I don't give a fuck why you guys are laughing but all focus should be on my pancakes, my masterpiece has arrived" Andy announced as she walked in with a plate stacked with pancakes, Nicole right behind her. Andy's special pancakes.

They were all at Rachel's place for this sudden weekend morning breakfast but Rachel wasn't complaining, they lived far apart now than usual so they might as well cherish their time together.

The doorbell rang in the middle of their chit and chattering while on breakfast. Rachel offered to get it but Camilla went instead.

"Rae, your boyfriend is here" they heard Camilla holler to them. Rachel frowned a bit in confusion and stood up to clarify.

"What do you mean my boyfriend is here?" She asked as she headed to the door only to actually see her boyfriend by the door in a casual t-shirt and brown khaki pants- looking as handsome as ever even in casuals- and Ava behind him.

"Jamal? What are you-"

"Hello to you too beautiful" Jamal said and silenced her with a kiss catching her off-guard at his sudden sweet gesture, the soft giggles from Ava and Camilla brought her back to her senses.

"Well are you going to let me in or are we going to keep on staring at each other"

"Yeah...you can come in"

Jamal flashed her a quick smile before coming in, Camilla right beside him to tease him about his new love life.

"Hey Ava" Rachel smiled at her.

"Finally, my brother has a woman in his life, a sensible, pretty one" ava winked at her before pulling her into a hug, "I wouldn't have asked for a better person to make my brother happy without even trying too much"

"Ava!"

"Nicole!"

The two girls squealed as they saw each other. They all headed inside were these two adults more like kids; the angry one clearly annoyed and the calm one getting on the other's nerve without even trying too much.

Rachel walked up to Camilla, "What's the situation"

"Apparently, Jamal tasted Andys pancake and said he could do better than her"

"What makes you think that yours could be better, you only took a bite" Andy said through her teeth.

"You've asked me this question enough times and I have told you, if it was that good it should have captured me from the very first bite, it was that good but not that good to capture my taste buds, I can assure I can do better" Jamal said calmly.

Andy hissed angrily and cursed under her breath, "but there's no one to testify about your 'amazing' pancakes" she made the quotation in the air with her hands

"My sister is here" Jamal stated.

The sister in this topic was very oblivious to whatever was going on as she excitedly chatted with Nicole. Those two were in their own world.

"Of course she's going to take your side, which sibling wouldn't" Andy countered.

"Okay then we can ask Scarlet". They both turned to look at a lost Rachel.