Hogsmeade

POV ADA MARROW

The weekend came quickly and I found myself dressed down just a bit to enjoy the walk out to Hogsmeade with Sebastian. I was told to meet him at the front entrance of the school. I waited, staring at a statue, my hair was tied back, having it down was out of the question and I wouldn't dare take any sort of scissors to it. No matter how many girls offered to fix it up for me. I'd rather spend my money at the salon in town after I gather up my supplies. I pushed an uneven lock from my face and sighed, I really wanted to wear my hair down.

I heard a soft clearing of a throat behind me, I glanced back to see Sebastian standing there, the sleeves to his school uniform rolled up to his forearms and his tie loose, with his vest undone. I had just ditched my robe and tie for the day. Seems I wasn't the only one tired of the uniform.

"I would formally like to thank you for choosing me to escort you today to Hogsmeade, you saved me sitting in detention." His fingers intertwined and his thumbs fiddled a bit, I smiled at him.

"Oh so you're a trouble maker now as well? Tell me get in another spat with Leander or something else?" It was just a mild tease towards him. He seemed to chuckle,

"If my charge must know, I got caught sneaking into the restricted section. I'm sure our dear Librarian would be fuming if she found out I was tasked instead to escort you." He held a hand out opening the door for us to walk through. We walked past plenty of other students practicing hitting balls at each other in their Quidditch uniforms. There were no games but everyone still wanted to practice.

"There's a restricted section in the Library?" I looked at him and he nodded.

"It's filled with all sorts of books and spells they don't want students reading. Useful spells at that."

"What sort of spells?" He has piqued my interest once again, I am learning more every day and he is feeding my curiosity.

"It seems we may think more alike than I initially thought. I'll... Tell you about them another time." We stopped just outside the gate, he motioned to a large arena like structure.

"That is the Quidditch field, normally that's where people practice quidditch matches if it wasn't canceled for the year."

"I was curious, who was the person that got hurt?" We started walking down the path opposite of the quidditch fields.

"Victor Bratly, he's a pure-blood, a sixth year and is a Seeker for the Hufflepuff team. He wasn't really even hurt, see Victors a bit of a dare devil and loves doing dangerous stunts during quidditch matches. He dived off his broom after the snitch and a Bludger smacked into his stomach." I was nodding along, listening and after his explanation I asked,

"I'm sorry, what's a Pure-blood? Professor Fig didn't explain that much to me..."

"Oh well, a pure-blood is someone with two wizarding parents." He watched me expectantly, "You're not used to your world are you, why is that?" My back straightened a bit, not looking him in the eyes, it was hard to admit that you were an orphaned child.

"I am technically an orphan." I admitted, "I was just Ada when I lived in a 'muggle' orphanage but the Ministry workers that found me told me that my family name is Marrow." I was hesitant to explain further but Sebastian rested a hand on my shoulder.

"That is awful to hear, especially with magic I can't imagine how they treated you... You don't need to explain further if you don't want to. We have plenty of time to get to know one another before we dive into more personal thoughts." His words were comforting, I'd nod and not explain any further to the happenstance of why I was at the Orphanage. We crossed a bridge and it wasn't long after that that we stopped.