Enchanted Canvas

POV ADA MARROW

Receiving a letter from Sebastian was not what I expected to happen, he asked me to meet him at the location of our last canvas piece. He wanted to continue with our exploration, despite how the last few weeks had gone.

Solomon had only given me enough time to gather my things after I had sided with Sebastian, then he and I were on our own to get back to Hogwarts. The walk back was silent, few words were said and when we managed to get back in one piece he had excused himself, saying he needed to contact Anne to meet with her privately and to figure out how the relic works.

He couldn't do it alone, not without me. I landed down on the path, Sebastian leaning under a tree watching me. He was still frowning, I missed those grins. Those soft smiles.

"Thank you for coming."

"I have a bit more information from the keepers, they still wont answer my questions only waiting to show me bits and pieces of their memories."

He was suddenly annoyed, "They're toying with you at this point, you need to press for more information."

"It doesn't work like that Sebastian, I have to complete these trials. They're showing me these memories in a certain order."

He scoffed, eyes glaring down at me, "Either they don't trust you or you don't care enough about Anne to press the difficult questions."

"I do care about Anne!" He was making me bristle in anger now, then I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself, "Forget it Sebastian, I'll do this on my own. It's just up the mountain side, correct?" I started walking, down the hill from him and up the path.

"W-Wait!" He grabbed my hand, "That's not what I meant. I just need answers..."

I looked back to him,

"Fine, hurry up." I sounded quiet and bitter. Pulling my hand from his so I could continue up the mountain path. We easily defeated the first small group of goblins. I saw the familiar flap of wings overhead.

"Thestrals, overhead." He hummed, "You know some consider them a bad omen." I wasn't really in the mood for small talk.

"Not everyone does."

"I know that." He sounded annoyed again.

"Alright..." I murmured, I hadn't realized how much I missed his bouts of humor. I missed how he was

"I'm just trying to make small talk. I'm not trekking up this mountain in silence."

"I should have taken up Ominis offer to study in the Library." I murmured.

"You'd rather study? Then find the last piece for the Tryptic?"

"I'd rather study than deal with your obsessive mood swings." I looked at him and he was silent but still following me.

"We should be passing the Thestrals nest." He peaked through a layer of dead bramble to look over the Thestrals.

It hurt to know he could see them, "Sebastian..." He looked over to me, eyes soft. I missed those eyes, "I'm sorry we can both see Thestrals.."

He smiled only slightly, "Well it's not something I wanted us to have in common." He led us on, a bit more before I stopped him. Holding onto his sleeve.

"Only good wizard is a dead wizard. Ranroks right about that." More goblins, Sebastian pulled my hand from him and started up the path.

"Wait!."

"I'm done waiting."

He ran head first into the camp, shocking the Goblins but also risking both of our lives, even as we finished he tried to continue on but I grabbed his hand.