Undercroft

POV ADA MARROW

I was stuck waiting for Professor Fig to return from the Ministry. I relinquished the book to him so he may examine it further, even with the missing pages. I hoped he may be able to figure out the next step but for now, I was dressed down out of school uniform walking through the countryside to visit Natty.

She wished to speak with me about something in a small hamlet not that far from Hogwarts. I kept my head covered with the cloak I wore, I did not need any Loyalists or Ashwinders recognizing me.

And I saw her waiting for me right next to a fence, the talk was short and I felt invigorated by her tenacity. They had to be stopped and that feeling was solidified when I saw a Goblin crying on rock surrounded by wreckage.

"Oh what will I do?" He sounded helpless, so I approached him. Leaning over to rest a hand on his shoulder.

"Are you alright?" I asked and the Goblin looked up at me.

"No I'm not, Ranroks' loyalist have gone to far. They are far too violent now. They took my carts, everything I ever had. Even my paintings! My life's work." My mind flashed to the poor goblin banker that Ranrok had killed in front of us. I had an idea why they would do this to their own.

"I take it they've had it out for you?" I asked, quietly.

"Yes and treat any who disagree with them as lesser. They have been threatening me for a while now." He held his hands, "I should have gotten far away from here once they showed up in the Valley."

I bit my lip, this would be dangerous. "Is their camp nearby?" I asked him.

"It's only a few minutes walk up the road, so avoid going near them. They'll loot and rob anyone that passes by, they don't care how old or young a witch or wizard you are."

I nodded, "Thank you for the warning." I glanced up the road and walked up the road, digging around in my bag. I had mandrakes, cabbages, and wiggenweld potions as well. I could do this, how many goblins could be at that camp.

I can do this.

Ten, there were ten goblins hyped up on that reddish magic. I had gotten pretty beat up but they were all dead. Bodies lying lifeless on the floor and I flinched a bit seeing one chard from that lightning bolt I brought down on him.

I uncorked my second bottle, downing the thick contents and sighed, feeling that ache vanish and the cuts and bruises I had gotten disappear.

I sighed and started rummaging around the camp for anything of importance but found nothing.

Then I went to the gate using a rock to smash the lock open. The gates swung open and I watched as the carts started to roll out on their own, leaving the camp to return to Arn, I glanced at the piles of trunks and bags the goblins had stolen then spotted a mask laying on the dirt.

I picked it up quickly running after the carts to jump in the back of one, feet dangling over the side.

It was already getting dark and I had that feeling that I'd miss curfew. My back hit the wooden floor of the cart, staring up at the stars as they began to fade into existence with the loss of the sun.

Then I looked at the mask in hand, fingers running over the ornate engravings. Silver with a slight golden accent.

This could come in handy, it may be less dangerous to wander about off school grounds if my face was covered. I put the mask in my bag and sighed closing my eyes, it was only for a second but I suppose I had dozed off, having been startled back awake with a loud voice,