-B2- Chapter 36

I hand Micca back the joint as I lay my head back on the cushion. Micca is lucky he bought a couch of decent quality, because I could swear there are already dents in the cushion from how often I sit here. Micca has become my escape from the black reality unfolding in the forest house.

Elien has been locked in the barn for three weeks now, escaped twice and in all that time nothing has changed. Alisha keeps him somewhat soothed with valerian which has allowed us to retrieve him twice. Once with a cut on Novak's leg and another time where the shed almost gave way.

No improvement in three weeks, not a millimeter forward. As soon as I get into the shed he pulls on the ropes and the chair like they're on fire. He keeps saying he is going to kill me and to Novak or Alisha he says nothing. He only lets Alisha help him eat, but even that is under the eyes of Novak or me.

Alisha and Novak no longer ask where I go at night or what I have taken when I come back. I haven't told them about Micca and I'd like to keep it that way. There is something about that white blond boy that keeps me coming back. There is something about those green eyes that holds me in its grasp. Maybe I'm thinking too far and it's just the drugs I keep coming back for.

'Have you ever been married?' I ask with the stronger joint than usual between my lips. Micca told me before he lit the thing that there was a stronger formula in it, but I underestimated that anyway.

'No,' he replies simply before taking the half-burned thing from my hand.

'You do,' he adds. He knows very well who Christiaan is. In the past three weeks, I have learned a lot about this 27-year-old man. He has a sister named Lieke whom he never sees, has received a lot of money after his father's death, Joyce is indeed his 10-year-old daughter but he never sees her. You notice with Micca that he doesn't see family and I haven't yet figured out why.

The man is in one of the many small resistance against my father's rule, another reason why he owns a lot of money. The basement under the house is full of medicines and poisons. He sells them to local rulers for much less than my father offers them.

I have been asking to talk to the other people in the resistance for weeks, but they don't have an appointment for another two weeks. If only something to get more information about my father's doings. The village where I find myself is not the only one where riosis has been swirling around. As my father continues to send infected guards to innocent villages and as drug prices have risen, dozens of villages are empty.

'Where,' I reply.

'Tell me. How small is this guy's cock?' Clearly I'm not the only one feeling the high. Micca seems to have to hold back his tears over his very bad joke. However, I can't hold back a laugh either, which I attribute to the drugs.

'Smaller than you think.' As bad and childish as this is, I am doubled over with laughter. I lose control of my body and literally fall over. My head hits Micca's thighs while my side comes to rest on the rest of his lower legs. The loose white pants feel soft against my skin so I don't get the urge to move myself.

Micca also seems to completely ignore it once he holds the filter of the joint before holding the tip near my head. With the amount of need I have to move my tingling body, I just move my head and put the thing between my lips. My dry lips slide along Micca's soft hands.

'No but seriously. What's the man like?' I remove my lips from the filter, blow out the smoke and lay my head back on his leg. In the corner of my eye I see Micca put the joint against his own lips.

'Dirty, idiotic, ill-mannered, womanizer and terrible in bed,' as the last part leaves my lips I land in another fit of laughter. I feel Micca tighten his muscles as he laughs along just as hard. Two years ago I couldn't possibly laugh at this and I'm glad I can now.

'That was to be expected, but it's not entirely his fault. We are told nothing about women and women don't indicate anything themselves.' Those words make me sit up straight. His totally dull eyes look at me expectantly but confidently.

'As if we are told something. We are under the assumption that pain is normal, that it is something only men enjoy. What are we supposed to report if we don't know any better?' I reply a little more bluntly than planned. Micca looks thoughtful before taking the last puff of the joint and pushing it out into the ashtray.

'What would you report with today's knowledge?' A twinkle shines in those pale green eyes.

'That women are not simply a hole you stick your thing in to produce children. That surely it takes a little more than undressing and kissing to make it go smoothly. That we also feel something about it and that that is quite nice at times.' I notice the aggression this subject arouses in me. I take a deep breath and blow out the air through my nose before looking at Micca. I expect to see the two green eyes in confusion, but on the contrary, there is a grin on his lips.

'Why are you grinning?' The slight irritation is audible in his voice. Micca slowly pushes himself further upright so that his shoulders are no longer leaning against the railing. Exasperatingly slowly, he leans more in my direction.

'Because you look sexually frustrated.' If I hadn't been so out of this world and there hadn't been a kernel of truth in it, he would have been smacked in the head by now. After Walmoet, Novak made attempts, but I wouldn't let him. Partly because I want to hide the black veins from him at all costs and partly because I can't get that look in those red eyes out of my head. That look of disgust, contempt and sadness. Every time I look at him, every time I see that red, I see that look in front of me again.

'You're seeing things that aren't there.' No matter how loudly that little voice in my head screams. I can't get my gaze out of those green eyes. The color is so light, so bright, so appealing.

'Do you know what I see? I see in your eyes that you want nothing more than to push those pink lips hard against mine.' Something sparkles in the pale green before the words penetrate me. Before my body slowly catches fire. As much as I'd like to deny it, he's right.

'Do it.' As if my body does exactly what he tells me, less than a second later my lips are pressed against his. Micca is experienced and makes no attempt to hide that. Before my brain can grasp what is happening, I am lying under him with my back pressed against the couch. My hands slide through his hair, tugging at the roots. Our tongues slide along each other as if we were starving animals. My body tingles and for the first time in months my head is completely empty.

In the distance, a voice screams telling me to stop, but I push it as far away as I can. I realize all too well that what I'm doing is wrong, but I can't bring myself to stop. It feels too right.

As soon as his lips grab my bottom lip and suck on it, I can't contain a moan. My hands jerk so much that he grabs my wrists with his right arm and pins them above my head. In any other situation I would have found that scary or uncomfortable, but with all the drugs in my system I don't care.

It's not long before his lips find my neck. Licking, biting, sucking against my skin. My head falls further into the pillows as I unconsciously press my hips against his. Micca sees it as an invitation to untie my wrists and disappear under my dress with his free hand. Teasingly, his fingers slide down my thigh to my insides.

The moment his fingers want to move further up, there is a loud banging on the front door.