11

Sage fell back into consciousness. She felt her body become her own again as she awoke from whatever dream she was having. In honesty, she dreamed of nothing. Just pitch darkness. She felt relieved when she was starting to gain control of herself again.

She was on cool ground; it is coursing her bare skin That was her first sign. No wind swept across her and their was no sort of protective layer that adorned her shoulders. She felt her shirt and pants and that was it. Her skin was tight, still fighting against whatever took over her when she blacked out. Then she started to think about it.

Her eyes shot open and she lifted off from the ground. She wasn't outside. Sage stood in the middle of a bare room. The walls being her only guest. They were grey and rocky with golden accents lining the borders. The floor was wooden, swilered with it's own assorted décor.

But other than that, no furniture, no hanging light. Just candles hanging on the walls. She surveyed around her trying to find anything to make herself familiar with. But once her eyes caught the door, she walked up to it.

That fae must of brought her here. The person who lifted her up wasn't Avahi, it was him. She cringed at the thought, more confused now than ever as questions circulated her mind. Where was she? Where was Avahi? And most importantly: How to get out?

She placed her hand on the cool golden doorknob and turned but found no luck as it locked half-way. She pulled and pulled before the fourth time she started to look around the room for her next out. It was hard to find anything because of the empty room she was in. Sage did one more look around till her eyes landed on the door once again.

She looked down at her palms, dirty from the earlier event, making this situation more real. She took a deep breath and charged up to the door before kicking it. It broke on the hinges, flying to the other side of the hall. She rose her eyebrows surprised at herself that she still had it in her.

But that drew attention, "What the-!"

Sage's eyes widened not thinking that far ahead, she ran out on top of the door flat on the floor. She didn't bother looking to her left, because once she saw the right of the hall had no one, she took off.

"The mortal escaped!"

Sage had only gained some distance till her body conditions caught up with her. She was still ranging on two months pregnant. She didn't know how long she was out but her weight was still slow. She tried to make it, the walls and everything around her a blur except for what lied ahead. There were footsteps following behind her and she strained to pick up speed but when she rounded the corner, she collided hard with another body.

She fell back on to the floor and groaned from the hard impact. "What are you doing!?"

Sage immediately recognized the voice. Her eyes snapped up to see the fae that had take her. He was dressed up in the same black attire. But his eyes that she feared from how intimidating they were, showed nothing but anxiousness. Like she did something wrong.

Sage scooted back trying to get away from him, stuck again with the fear the succumbed her when they first met. He took a few haste steps and reached down but Sage drew back even further.

"Don't touch me!", she hissed. And was stopped as her back side hit against a pair of legs. Sage dared to look up and regrated her actions. Standing tall was another creature. It wasn't fae, and it it were she never heard of it. It's skin was green, limbs and fingers long. It smiled Sage was frozen when aligning the inner parts of it's mouth were an array of sharp teeth.