Night Court

This is part 1 :)

________________

     Being raised by a powerful family was a blessing and a curse for Nyx. In this coincidence as it was another day of training, he slugged out of bed and threw on his leathers. His home was empty, knowing that everyone was at the house of wind during this time of morning.

  All except his mother and father, the High Lord and Lady of the Night Court, who was attending a meeting in the Summer Court. There was a point in which the two started contemplating on allowing Nyx to go.

Since turning fifty, much of the overprotective mannerism his parents used to practice has diminished entirely. And he was so close to being allowed to join his parents until they ultimately decided that another time would be best.

"You're late.", Cassian smirked as Nyx landed, tucking back his wings from the flight. Seeing Cassian and his uncle Azriel already sweating from the session they were just finishing up.

He saw Azriel tossing his sword and grumbling something under his breath, frustrated about something, clearly to Cassian's doing as his smile was a little too bright.

Another casual and normal scene he is used to seeing. Looking around he knew that there were a few people missing besides his parents.

"Where's Nesta and Astrea?", he asked. Nesta and Cassian had their baby two years ago. And of course being the daughter to the lord of bloodshed, she was already honing her own little sword and training sessions as if she was preparing for battle.

For solstice, Rhysand had gotten her custom design leathers small enough for her. So any other day, Astria would too be there, in her own little world beside Nesta as she read and waddles around with her toy sword watching as the three men sparred.

Cassian swiped the sweat that trickled down the side of his face as he looked at Nyx and wasn't bothered at all by his change of topic, "Visiting someone."

Nyx nodded, not entirely interested in who they were visiting. He just popped his neck and stretched out his arms before stepping atop the parapet.

"And what did you do to him?" Nyx gestured towards Azriel who was brooding in the corner grabbing a drink of water.

"Nothing..", Cassian shrugged but the devious smile told Nyx otherwise. He further proceeded to toss his hand over his shoulder, "Just sexually frustrated and refuses to confess to a certain Archeron." 

Nyx, now understanding the situation, didn't bother hiding his chuckle and then looked back at his uncle who's brooding attitude slipped into a menacing stare at Cassian. His shadows danced around him like a mad man.

Another perk to being older was the conversations between him and his uncles not only matured, but ironically immature at the same time. He was able to talk to them about women, and hear the many stories of Cassian and Nesta (to his demise) to the point he'd have to cut his own uncle off. That and the odd and drawn out back and forth between Azriel and Elain.

"That sucks.", Nyx drew, picking the sword Azriel threw down up and replacing his stance on the platform.

"No, the point is no one is sucking."