32

Sage woke up to the sound of muffled voices coming from outside of her door. She rubbed her eyes, trying to come back completely into consciousness. She immediately looked over to the chair Barachiel usually sits in but, found he wasn't there.

And the more she focused on the voices, the more she allowed her powers to detect the presence on the other side of her door. They became clearer to the point she was able to decipher what they were saying. One of them was clearly Barachiel. The other was the High Lord.

Sage stood from her bed and sauntered over to the door, as quietly as she could. She held her breath and listened with a more in depth focus.

"I wish to speak with her.", Rhsyand said, Sage shook her head. Holding her fist tight at the audacity he had. She looked behind her and saw that the sun was just starting to peak. No one could of have been up other than the High Lord. Who immediately came over for this?

She heard Barachiel right on the other side of the door, "With all due respect, that is not a bright idea High Lord.", he said.

"I know.", was all Ryshand said in return, "I need to explain myself before....", his voice died off as Sage heard him sigh on the other side.

"Telling the truth on behalf of your mate is not ideal. Especially if you've yet to tell her in question.", Barachiel restated.

Sage scrunched her eyebrows at the reoccurring word. 'Mate'. The only time she's heard of that word is regarding animals. Hearing it spoken so casually, and seriously had her tilting her head.

'Mate?', she mouthed to herself before Ryshand responded.

"Sage is important to Feyre.", Ryshand said. That was the only thing that had Sage perk up. Feyre.

It's been so long since she's seen her. Her heart ached at the wish to see her best friend. To tell her everything that's happened. Someone she'd finally be able to be real with. She leaned in further after she was brought up. Though, the one thing Sage hated was her name out of Ryshand's mouth. Heat bubbles within her. The first time he spoke her name.... Sage shook her head from the memory.

"Should of considered that a while ago.", Barachiel said. There was no harshness in his tone, but clear distaste. Sage slowly was starting to come to terms with the gaurdian angel, but what he just said. A simple phrase, meant a lot. Meant that someone was truly looking out for her, understanding her well-being. Protecting her. Even to the most powerful High Lord.

She felt comfortable to turn away and sit back in bed. But before she moved too far to hear, Rhsyands voice echoed once more. "And I will regret it for however many years. Please relay my wish to speak with her."

Soon after, her door opened, and her guardian angel walked in, still in the same Fae form. His bright blue eyes reflected off the rising sun from the window. He saw Sage sat on the bed, her legs crossed. "He relays a wish to speak with you.", he said again.

Sage huffed and turned away, "Yea well, not every wish is meant to be granted."

_____________________

Sage was ready to leave and begin her training session with Barachiel. He was trailing her as she opened the door and was startled when someone was standing on the other side.