38

Sage already called upon a cloud. It was waiting at the bottom of the House of Wind, moving around to stop her landing.

But her jump, that was usually peaceful and content, was interrupted when she felt a hand wrap around her wrist. Sage jerked her arm back but was not let loose as she whirled into who was making the peaceful fall, exactly the opposite.

"What the hell are you doing!?", she screamed over the wind.

But Lucien was too busy trying to figure out how to stop his landing.

"Can we land first!"

Sage simply scoffed and allowed the cloud that was hovering over the ground to elevate and catch them. Her flames licks that condensation. It forming a continuous cycle that broke and reformed in a matter of milliseconds.

Lucien's hair was easing with the wind as the cloud starting lowering them slowly. Only to come to realize that it was a cloud seconds later. His eyes widened as he looked around. The bright moon shone down the beautiful city, he's yet to discover.

But that was nothing like the the sight before him. When he raised his gaze, it was like a very star fell from the sky. Sage was practically glowing.

But his expression was far from matching the hue. She narrowed her hazel eyes at him, and found that his wrist was still wrapped around hers. She pulled it back harshly, "You're not that smart are you?"

"You just jumped off a balcony. I think your standards for smart aren't that high.", he said blankly. Sage's jaw slacked at his retort. There was clear frustration behind his voice as if this was some sort of lecture.

Without a second passing, she waved a hand and the half of the cloud that Lucien was sitting on started to fade away. She didn't know she could do that, but clearly Barachiel was right about her emotions controlling every aspect of her power.

And she wanted him gone.

"Wait! I'm sorry ok I just...."

"Save it.", Sage closed her eyes and took a breath. "You looked like you needed to get out of there too.

Lucien watched in a daze as her coils that puffed up from drying, lifted from covering her eyes. She had naturally curly eyelashes, that just brought out the vibrance in her eyes. He wanted to ask about the contrasting colors. In fact, he had so many questions. Enough to last a life time.

"So why did-."

"Just because I saved your life doesn't mean I want to talk to you.", Sage cut him off sharply. Also in the moment, she figured if she could control the clouds, she could also move them around at her plea.

With the thought, she looked down at the space that separated her and Lucien and like she took a knife and started cutting it, a clean slit was splitting the cloud apart.

Lucien too saw what was happening, and he sighed, "I just wanted to make sure you were alright."

"Seems extreme to plummet after me to see if I'm alright."

That's something Sage wasn't understanding. It was extreme. The minute Lucien saw her, so many thoughts seared his head. Her beauty, her hair, her eyes. Feyre had described her, but she didn't do Sage justice. As soon as she was in his presence, he felt obligated to stand.