43

"Is he-"

"He's alive....", Madja told Feyre as she left the room. She feigned calm but her High Lord being her patient wasn't something she'd hope to see any day. "His injuries... however they will take days to heal. His organs had tears in them and his heart. Well only she knows what she did to him. I can't do anything about how slow it's beating."

The white ball of flames, Sage threw made contact with. the High Lord. And when it did so, he fell to the ground. Cassian and Azriel both coated with fury and lunged at her. Feyre was on her knees panicking as his heart beat was only getting slower, the bond felt like it was being stripped away from her mind.

Sage managed to fight them off for only so long. Their hands simply on her had her panicking as well, screams echoed through the house, a mendle between the one she released and Feyre desperately calling for Madja. At this point Amren had enough from watching along the sidelines, she too was starting to take part in restraining Sage.

Nesta had grabbed Elain who came out due to the commotion and left to the room. Sage was holding her own, releasing too much power knowing she'd have to deal with the consequences later. It was soon starting to become obvious that she wasn't going down without laying her own life out. What did she have left to live?

But, that wasn't the case, as the fight started to shake the walls, Lucien stepped in recovering from the shock and overall overhwhelming thoughts at the situation, he got in between Sage and the three members of the Inner Circle.

Sage didn't care what he was doing, she stumbled back and could hardly breath wiping the blood that was coming from her mouth and ears. Her hair was wild, pieces coming from her previously neat braid. But if she was considered torn from the fight, that'd make Cassian and Azriel look as if they fought their own High Lord. Blood, sweat, tears from the strain of their power.

It was a shit show.

Lucien, though his main goal was to get them away from Sage, he wasn't friendly in any manner. He didn't care what his status with the inner circle was.

Some parts of Sage's dress was burnt and one of the sleeves hung off her, revealing yet another marking due to the King of Hybern. Her body was coated with why she was fighting.

Lucien said a couple words that Sage couldn't comprehend. A high pitch noise was clogging her ears, placing pressure in her brain as she finally looked around. It was the same state of her room a few weeks ago, but this time it extended to actualy people. Singe marks, peeled off wall paper. She once appreciated the room décor, now if was her who made it look like an abandoned throw away home.

She stumbled as she stood from the ground, hyperventilating, but she was still fighting back her body's warning signs. Everything telling her to stop, her brain was controlling everything. Lucien fought the urge to turn away from the IC as Sage coughed up blood, barely able to stand.

Barachiel was in her head trying to guide her through the overwhelming power surging through her. Her hands were shaking as they were coated in white tendrils, she squeezed her eyes shut and realized that she couldn't continue like this.

It's hard to control her powers when she still has no clue, or even tried to understand what she was.

That's what led to the current case. Lucien, Sage, and the book that could inform the inner circle with information they desperately need for the war was gone. Their High Lord was unconscious with their High Lady at his bedside doing nothing until she felt him through the bond. Their living room in shambles all with explaining needing to be done on both ends.