40

Sage had to change. She was reluctant to but apparently the Court of Nightmares came with a statue that everyone had to follow. Including the leaders.

She was in the room braiding her hair back into a crown on top of her head when she heard a knock at the door. Sage rolled her eyes, having a Bobby pin in her mouth and continued on without acknowledging it.

"Sage?", Feyre's voice came from the other side.

"Feyre.", she said back. It was her way of an invitation in. Sage looked through the mirror as the door opened and her friend walked through.

Feyre's hair was too styled up, but the first thing Sage noticed was the elegant yet, dangerous black dress that adorned her. It represented everything night and yet, it was still hard to describe what it meant. Sage also eyed the tattoo that lined her hand and forearm. Matching that of the High Lords signing. She squinted her eyes at it momentarily before returning to doing her hair. The wires were starting to turn, but that's exactly what she didn't want to happen. Because if the possibility was there......

Feyre saw Sage close her eyes and slightly shake her head. Like she was trying to erase a memory. She also took in the dress she changed into. She offered Nuala and Cerridwen to assist her, but Sage immediately refused. She almost blazed the entire room when Feyre touched her, if that was the running theme than, she wouldn't be able to stand anyone else.

She did, however, put on the dress that was already laid out on her bed. In honesty, Sage hated it. The dress was beautiful, it was her that she didn't like in it. It felt wrong. The silk material that soothed against her skin also burned with guilt.

The maxi dress, had two slits running along her thighs that nearly exposed her undergarments as she walked. The top of the dress was sheer, that expect to cover her chest, with spaghetti straps adorning her shoulders. It sparked like the evening stars in the sky and the sheer component was aligned with beautiful golden accents to compliment the deep blue material.

Her curves were prominent... everything was. And yet she still couldn't find it in her to look at the female before her and see any sort of beauty. She could imagine by the look on her face, Avahi would of caught her. Would of seen the look and immediately correct it with a shower of embraces.

Sage blinked away from the mirror to avoid the rising emotions and sighed as she put in the final touches to her hair.

"Are we ready?", she asked in a heavy voice. Like she was already tired from the day. But it was still noon. She still had a full day ahead of her, and yet she was ready to sleep. Praying that no nightmares woke her.

Feyre shook her head as she stepped up behind her, "Not yet, Amren and Nesta are going over last-minute logistics. I-.", she tilted her head to meet her eyes, "I wanted a moment when we weren't you know.... surrounded by everyone."

Sage hummed and looked into her eyes. Filled with joy, this place truly made her happy. She remembers when she'd wish every single day that her friend would soon have that look. But it's just odd that being here, surrounded by the very people who ruined her life. Especially him. Brought light into her eyes. 

She used to tell Avahi the stories of how they would definitively grow up together. That they were inseparable. But now, the room was thick with tension.