31

As much to Sage's demise, it became a normal routine that Cassian was her sparring partner. Barachiel after, a quick concern from the High Lord, returned the forest back to its normal state without any explanation as to what Sage did to it in the first place.

Cassian stepped over her, as she was on the ground again, catching her breath. He held out a hand to lift her up. Though she looked up at it like she wasn't planning to take it, she eventually clasps her hands in his and allowed him to drag her back up to her feet.

The daylight was breaking, and Sage had been out there all day. It's been a couple of weeks and she's yet to see anyone other than Cassian. Azriel's kept hidden in the shadows. And Ryshand stayed away for more reasons than one. Especially after having asking Barachiel what happened, he went back to Madja to see if she could answer.

And she did. She was able to predict what May of happened, and that news was... devastating. Even if he tried, looking Sage in the eye after knowing what happened to her and her child was worse than knowing that Avahi was dead too.

She's built muscle back. Her figure finally returning to close to what it was before. Barachiel has taught her how to ease into her powers instead of bottling them up. And for the first time, Sage was able to look in the mirror without sinking into herself. Without crying for hours on end.

That didn't take away from the memories that would occasionally flood her mind. She'd sometimes have to take a break and be alone as she learns how to handle them. She took to the bathroom floor more than once, and would sit there for the entire day.

It was a slow working progress that needed a lot more time. But she was starting to work on it instead of keep it in. Or at-least the stuff she'd wished to work on.

Avahi's death, she still hasn't come to terms with. Her dreams still consisted of him. Of her family. But what she'd do instead, was work on the family she had before him.

Nesta and Elain got frequent visits from her. Some days they'd just sit in the room, Nesta reading a book, Elain leaning against Sage and falling asleep. She'd wipe the tears that trickled down her face.

The communication between Nesta and Sage was hardly anything that she could remember being more than a few words. Occasionally, they'd look at each other.

The unspoken loud between their gaze. Internally yelling at each other and begging to other to bring it up. The last time they saw each other was to find Feyre. Nesta doesn't know what happened, and Sage wasn't willing to share.

No one brought up Avahi. No one brought up the months Sage was gone, but Nesta would look at the scars on her neck and turn away.

Elain on the other hand, if anyone was pulling her from the trance she kept falling into, it was Sage. She'd walk in find Elain staring out the window of the library. She'd talk with her, though it was always one sided, it was an effort.

"I think that's enough for today.", Barachiel inclined his head. Sage let go of Cassians hands and pulled her lips in.

"Yea.... Bye.", she said and turned around to walk up to Barachiel. When there sessions usually end, Cassian would winnow away and Sage would rely on Barachiel to take her back up to her room.

But this time around he shook his head understanding what she was doing.

"It's time you do it yourself."